Athlone Wedding Reception venues????

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MrsTiredbride Posts: 3397
Hi looking for info from other brides who have booked their wedding with a hotel in Athlone. The good the bad and the indifferent. Also what hotel did you go for and why??? Hudson Bay Athlone Springs Radisson Sheraton Shamrock lodge
Anyone????
sept08 bride Posts: 64
HI tired bride. I am getting married in the Sheraton in September this year. I was dealing with a girl called Shirley and she was fantastic. We got a good deal as we booked before the hotel was really launched. I have seen the plans and it looks fab. We wanted a really modern hotel and it doesn't get much more modern than a hotel only opening the same year!!!
Thanks sept08 bride! I've seen most of the hotels and it's just hard to decide which is best. Did you go and see any other hotels?
sept08 bride Posts: 64
We contacted a number, some did not even get back to us. Hudson bay was booked up for 2years so we coul;dn't even consider it., We were also thinking of Kinnitty Castle but It was a bit too olde world for me!
[quote="sept08 bride":2cispv8o]We contacted a number, some did not even get back to us. Hudson bay was booked up for 2years so we coul;dn't even consider it., We were also thinking of Kinnitty Castle but It was a bit too olde world for me![/quote:2cispv8o] Know what you mean there!!!
Pocahontis Posts: 89
Hi tiredbride, I attending a wedding in the Hudson Bay Hotel and must say it was excellent. The food was great & the Hotel itself was beautiful!! The views of the lake outside the hotel are lovely too!! :wv
May 08 Wife Posts: 1642
We are getting married in the Hodson Bay. We did book it 2 years ago though to get a bank hol weekend. Its such a popular hotel for weddings it books up very quickly a couple of years in advance. At the time of booking every other wedding from our area was in the same hotel so we booked the Hodson bay for a change. As we booked it 2 years ago a few weddings from the area are now in the Hodson bay too. The views outside are gorgeous for pic's if its a nice day but if the weather is not good then it doesnt really matter what hotel your in.
August08bride Posts: 139
Have to agree with the scenery outside the Hodson Bay - the Shannon - its just gorgeous. My cousin is getting married there this summer and said they have been fabulous so far!!.