ATT BOI costumers

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

stick Posts: 1229
jsut saw this on RTE and think its so disgraceful http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/1222/bankofireland.html
LastRolo Posts: 6892
Disgraceful - I suppose it won't be long until AIB follow suit - I get my banking free with AIB once I make 2 transactions using Online Banking in a quarter.
TracyBarlow Posts: 943
The do realise how easy it is for people to switch bank accounts now?! :duh: Why would anyone stay with them now, get thee to a non fee paying account!!! Im with Ulsterbank and pay no fees at all, they're great.
cabbagehead Posts: 3899
Sweet Jesus that's shocking!!! Especially this line "they should maintain a minimum credit balance of €3,000 during the fee quarter" - sorry now, but how many people can have a balance of €3,000 in their [i:aur0r0sr]current account[/i:aur0r0sr] at any given time?? I mean, apart from maybe two seconds after your salary comes into your account and before your first direct debit goes out? I have a BOI account open at home, I'm going to bloody close it now :eek
BusyDee Posts: 8527
Ive been thinking of switching from them for a while now but definatly will now O:|
Penny Hill Posts: 1898
This is ludicrous. Will be switchin banks after christmas, i wouldn't be mind but this is just a complete [u:3due3u6d]inconvenience, [/u:3due3u6d]FFS, all my bills come out of an acoount there, and my wages are paid into another account!! So going to have to sitch everything in work for my wages and ring every companyi have bills coming out for O:| >:o(
Cinnabon Posts: 2626
BOI always had conditions regarding their no charges service AFAIK. Looks like they have just increased them from what they were.
stick Posts: 1229
[quote="VanillaCupcake":c6htzl18]This is ludicrous. Will be switchin banks after christmas, i wouldn't be mind but this is just a complete [u:c6htzl18]inconvenience, [/u:c6htzl18]FFS, all my bills come out of an acoount there, and my wages are paid into another account!! So going to have to sitch everything in work for my wages and ring every companyi have bills coming out for O:| >:o([/quote:c6htzl18] Vinillacupcake. i was wit Halifax and all bills etc came out of that account. we went to ulster bank and did a switcher account. basically they will switch all your direct edbits and wages etc over for youi. h2b and myself went to payroll ourselves-just to be certain . it seems stressfull but it isnt as bad. permanent TSB also do a switcher
nohbe Posts: 253
Vanilla Cupcake, i'd say that's what they're hoping - that people will just think it's too much hassle to switch and just take it instead. I've been thinking, I make one online payment a month to another BOI current account and another into my BOI credit card - if i split the payment to the credit card and just make two seperate online payments along with the payment to the other current accout per month that should leave me ok as regards the 9 payments every three months. They will probably come up with some reason why this does not satisy criteria or something. Makes me so mad and the part about maintaining a €3,000 mimimum balance in your current account - i have to laugh, I had some money in my current account a while back, , and the amount of phone calls I got asking did I want to speak to somebody about deposit accounts was unbelievable - and now they want to encourge people to leave money sitting in their current accounts earning nothing for them. Agghh!!
Ochre Posts: 877
[quote="cabbagehead":171pl5pr] Especially this line "they should maintain a minimum credit balance of €3,000 during the fee quarter" - sorry now, but how many people can have a balance of €3,000 in their [i:171pl5pr]current account[/i:171pl5pr] at any given time?? I mean, apart from maybe two seconds after your salary comes into your account and before your first direct debit goes out? [/quote:171pl5pr] Phew - this only applies if you don't have 1000 coming into your account each month - so I'll be covered on that front. Feckers the lot of them!