Attack the post and not the poster

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

sona sasta Posts: 585
In response to a couple of recent threads, i just thought i'd share this policy used in another Irish forum i use - if you don't like/completely disagree/hate someone else's post, attack the post but not the poster. There's no need to resort to personal abuse - lets make WOL a better place O:o)
gone elsewhere Posts: 1780
I agree with you but unfortunately I think it's beyond some people's capabilities. Attacking an individual is what people do when they haven't the restraint to either ignore the post or the intelligence to pick apart someone's argument without resorting to personal abuse.
trixie24 Posts: 481
Totally agree jun09bride , it's so unfair , some very angry people out there in wol world . O-O O-O :wv
mrspants Posts: 4652
While i see the point sometimes it can be hard to rise above it when there is a person whose entire point is to slag off users, insult people and be a condescending person with nothing valid to offer. I can't see why anyone would be bothered eveb reading if they hate the place so much. But as i said on another thread i intend to ignore it from now on.
lets go fly a kite Posts: 2388
[quote="Lois":t50fbfio]I agree with you but unfortunately I think it's beyond some people's capabilities. Attacking an individual is what people do when they haven't the restraint to either ignore the post or the intelligence to pick apart someone's argument without resorting to personal abuse .[/quote:t50fbfio] Exactly my thinking on the subject.
And then there are the users who post to insult and belittle when they could just ignore the thread or offer the advice asked for.
nialler Posts: 32
[quote="Lois":ojbx9f42]I agree with you but unfortunately I think it's beyond some people's capabilities. Attacking an individual is what people do when they haven't the restraint to either ignore the post or the intelligence to pick apart someone's argument without resorting to personal abuse.[/quote:ojbx9f42] Are there really people like that?
lets go fly a kite Posts: 2388
[quote="nialler":106zkvyf][quote="Lois":106zkvyf]I agree with you but unfortunately I think it's beyond some people's capabilities. Attacking an individual is what people do when they haven't the restraint to either ignore the post or the intelligence to pick apart someone's argument without resorting to personal abuse.[/quote:106zkvyf] Are there really people like that?[/quote:106zkvyf] The post above yours suggests there are.
Or the one below.