attendants rooms

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

yankiecandle Posts: 2888
we would like to pay for our attendants & parents rooms in hotel but is working out expensive as most of them are traveling to donegal for the wedding & will need to stay 2 nites in hotel. whats the norm? we are buying all the tuxedo, shirts & presents for the men including the dads & the 2 bm dresses shoes, wraps, hair & makeup & present. dont wanna look cheap but paying for the rooms is adding €2000 to the budget. could we just pay for theie room on just the night of the wedding?
hands Posts: 152
Ummm Yes as it is not normal to pay for attendants rooms I'm definately not I'm sure they would be delighted that you would pay for any at all
molly moo Posts: 363
Absolutely you can just pay for the one night, I wouldn't imagine the bridal party will even expect it, so it'll be a nice suprise for them :o)ll In this current climate I doubt most bridal parties will expect much from their bride & groom! Each bride & grrom will be in different financial circumstances so whatever you can afford to do and are happy to do, go with that! Best of luck O-O
14082010 Posts: 2103
Definitely not normal to pay for bridal parties rooms, and i can say i certainly am not >:o) I have spent enough on my bridesmaids as has H2B on dresses, suits, jewellery etc, so not a chance >:o)
MrsAH Posts: 3715
Well it is the norm to pay for the attendants' accomadation for the night of the wedding, after that they should pay for themselves. Having said that, the night before if they have to stay is a bit if a grey area. We will be paying for ours to stay the night of the wedding and all the usual trimmings.
GreenerPastures Posts: 7284
I paid for the bridal parties rooms the night of wedding. I wouldn't think you have to pay for a 2nd night. Some people don't even pay for the 1 night!
jamjars Posts: 1721
Not sure what we're going to do... we have 3 bridesmaids and 3 groomsmen... we were thinking of paying for just our MOH and Best Man.... although some money has fallen through for us so this will definitely be the first to go if we have to make cuts!
ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
I don’t think that it is the norm anymore to pay for rooms. I did for my 1 BM but there was other reasons behind that- I certainly didn’t feel obliged and we didn’t pay for the best mans room. DH was BM for his brother and our room wasn’t paid for either. I don’t think that anyone will expect you to pay for rooms.
Trinitym Posts: 341
Its a personal decision and depends on your budget!! I have never come acroos this at any wedding i've been to (given they are all 200+ guests so costly enough for the bride and groom) We are paying for our parents rooms only on the night of the wedding!! The way we looked at it was the Bridal Party don't have to buy anything for the day...dresses/suits, shoes, jewellry, hair/makeup, travel expenses etc so they are more than willing to pay for their accomodation!!
yankiecandle Posts: 2888
really dont know what to do? both sets of parents are v good to us. its paying for the 2 nites that makes it so expensive!