Aug 2010 Wedding...what needs to be done now?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

cir Posts: 61
Hi all, We're getting married in Aug 2010, and so far we have the church and our venue booked. We're hoping to book a band with the next couple of weeks. What should we be doing after that, and how soon?
Weddingloon Posts: 445
I'm June 2010, bands etc book up very quickly!!! I would prioritise band/dj, photographer, videographer, church music.......basically all the things that need to be booked!! Might as well book earlier rather than later to get full choice!!! O-O
cir Posts: 61
Yea, I suppose you're right. There just seems like so much needs to be done, and although it's a bit away yet, it won't be long coming around. Nervous just thinking about it
roma2011 Posts: 1208
Heya I'm June 2010 too. Every time I make a stir to go look at anything my mother gets really antsy, it's gas! I'm getting lots of "you're too organised"in a bewildered tone (I'm usually extremely unorganised). She thinks I'm weird for wanting to suss things out at this stage, and I havent even gone to see anything yet! When I told her about us having an engagement party she didn't even want that to happen lol (and no, my parent's aren't paying for anything so it's not money related). Anyway, we'll probably get the venue, church and photographer sorted out by the end of April (have all three provisionally booked but aren't meeting up until April), and then progress on to band, pre-marriage course and of course DRESS :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll I'm nearly more worried bout sorting out my BM dresses though, cos two of them are heading off travelling for a year soon, so must get my skates on with them.
Weddingloon Posts: 445
Ha ha, that's gas!!! My mother's all in but still she sort of knows me and that I just do my own thing anyway!!! So she's just happy to be included in everything!!! You'd be really surprised though, a couple of bands I looked at were booked (thankfully not the one I wanted) and same with photographer. One lady told me to fire ahead because summer dates (and if you happen to be a Saturday) book up really quickly!!! Mad!!! Fun though, no stress when there's so much time ya know!!!
roma2011 Posts: 1208
Yeah exactly....no point in stressing out this early in the day. Enjoy the shopping around when there's a good excuse to be doing it!