August 2008 - Am I leaving it too late??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

blondiee Posts: 771
Hi girls, we've been very lucky and I've booked the hotel for a prime date in August. Thing is I've nothing else done, no dress, haven't even started looking, no dj, no photog, no car, no flowers...the list goes on, will I have enough time or am I really going to be in panic???
Sharon33 Posts: 6
Don't Panic. We booked our wedding in November for this June. The most important thing is to start with the dress. Some place's take a couple of month's to get your dress order in. You should scan the internet for the type of dress you want, then find out who stocks them. You are better off going in mid week when it is quiet, as on weekend's certain shops will only let you try on 3-4 dresses on saturday's(in dublin anyway). Sit down and write out your to do lists. I have loads of info to do with everything, the third girl to get married in this house, so i had loads of help. let me know if you would like me to e-mail you what i have. Also i have a few contacts in the photography business, if you are stuck. just sit down and over the course of a couple of weekends you can have the major stuff organised. O:|
mrsbrowneyedgirl28 Posts: 820
I agree time is very tight for your dress so get hunting. Saturday appointments book up weeks in advance so I'd advise talking day or two off work early in the week when it'd be much quieter. Also get emailing photographers, bands, videographers, florist etc. as August in hectic for weddings. And keep loogging on here and asking for help *)
Callalily Posts: 325
Yep, don't worry too much but get the dress and the band sorted first. We are getting married in June... honestly I didn't start doing anything until after Christmas (apart from church and hotel which I did last year, then ignored it for ages!). Didn't buy my dress until the end of January, didn't book the band until last week. All the little bits are falling into shape, and in my experience you will definitely be able to find good, reliable and well-recommended suppliers for your date, even if they're not the ones you initially had in mind.
honeyec Posts: 969
Nope, you're not leaving it too late at all, we only set our date 9 months beforehand. To be honest with you, it's the people who start organising everything 18 months to 2 years in advance who I think are mad! Why drag something out for 2 years that you can get done in 8 months???
busker Posts: 65
You'll be fine - I reckon (money aside) anyone could organise a wedding in three months! I will be engaged for 20 months by the time I am married but TBH had all plans done for it in the first 2 months - being saving to ensure we don't get in debt ever since!
Truckersb2b Posts: 406
Hi Blondiee, Where are you situated. It can be done just dont panic.... Start looking for dress now i agree with all the other girls go during the week and dont rush getting one just for the sake of it cause you have time.. URGENT - make sure you dont forget to notify the sate they need 3 mts notice. the rest will fall into place, as for bands start ringing around to see if they are free and where you can go and see them. Best of luck..
blondiee Posts: 771
Thanks, I'm just getting myself in a panic over nothing really. Sharon33, I've pm'd you, thanks for the offer. Truckersb2b, I'm located in Cork...I'm sure things will fall int place, and I'm sure I'll be on this every day looking for HELP :wv
milis Posts: 7998
Truckersb2b Posts: 406
Sorry cant help you so im in Kildare area but just keep ontop of things and it will all be fine.. Oh invites if you are getting them printed start looking at samples now. Best of Luck.. Just put up a post if you need any help.. :wv