average bridal dress price

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lislud Posts: 54
There's probably already a thread about this but i was just wondering what the average price for a dress in Ireland would be...i wouldn't mind looking at second hand but thought first id like to see how much a new one is roughly so i can start on the saving process. Ive also heard it's cheaper for the same dresses if you buy them in the states...anyone any experience with that?
sugarandspice Posts: 2378
my guess would be about 1200? but really depends what you're looking for
ok thanks, good to get a ballpark figure so i can start the saving
babydust2012 Posts: 4736
Mine was e1575 and I thought that was average from what I had been looking at in the bridal shops in Cork. The cheapest I tried on was e1150
Augusta_Elizabeth Posts: 1
I got a beautiful dress the other day in Dublin, and cost only €600 brand new, its in Fashion City in Ballymount and I honestly couldn't recommend them any higher, I dealt with a lovely girl called Paula and she helped me try on about 7 dresses without being pushy at all
richmond10 Posts: 8
you really need to shop around i got mine a few months ago in a sale it was only €800 but i had been looking at a designer dress that was so similar and it was €3k i wish i could afford to spend that much but not even before the big R could i have
thanks ladies...great advice! let the saving and shopping around begin :)
luckylassy Posts: 10
[quote="Augusta_Elizabeth":2fg605bm]I got a beautiful dress the other day in Dublin, and cost only €600 brand new, its in Fashion City in Ballymount and I honestly couldn't recommend them any higher, I dealt with a lovely girl called Paula and she helped me try on about 7 dresses without being pushy at all[/quote:2fg605bm] Hi, was just wondering about fashion city, I came across them on boards.ie but was under the impression they were trade only?
ciaraella Posts: 5323
Hi Willingbride, anyone can go into fashion city, i'm staring the MOB outfit hunt there on saturday with my mam, i've been told you need to go up early in the morning on saturdays but i've no idea why!
Laila1 Posts: 640
I spent €1600 on mine and it nearly killed me to make a decision as I tried on another one in the same shop that I LOVED also for €400 in the sale, it had a tiny waist on it and thats why it hadnt sold, and I go in a lot around there (pity bout the bottom half!) so it fit me. I went off to have a think but came back and decided on the one that was €1600 instead, but felt so guilty as it is only 1 day of our lives... But then again, its the wedding day! And I would say I tried on about 100 dresses as I thought they were all nice, but nothing jumped out at me - some were €800, more were €3,400!!!! So shop as much as you can until you feel really amazing in one :)