Average cost of childminders and creche

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

jill80 Posts: 565
Just wondering what people pay for creche or childminders minding a baby from say 8a.m til 4.30pm? Just trying to do up the maths and havent a clue.
Emme Posts: 4735
Hiya Jill! Have one pal paying 1050 and another paying 650 about 30 miles apart both for creches. On your county council website there should be a section on childcare with the different options that are registered with them. :wv
That differnce is mad! thanks Emme
Delish Posts: 4176
We pay €770 a month. Our son is in creche from before 8 until just after 6 every day. I think the opening hours are 7.30 am to 6.30 pm so he is more or less there all day every day, unless he is sick. About once a week his granny will pick him up early. It is expensive - I think (if my memory serves me correctly) that when we decided on theplace I worked it out and if he is there full time it works out at about €3 an hour, but obviously if he is picked up earlier or out for the day we still pay the same price. They provide, breakfast, lunch and snack (but the snacks are just maybe some toast in the midmorning, and a few slices of fruit in the afternoon). We provide, nappies, sudocream, wipes, bottle and yogurts . All in all we are very happy with the creche, they have only called the odd day to ask us to collect him (sick/temperature) and I think they are good. But it is a huge whack of money to pay out everymonth on top of a hefty mortgage, but they are the joys of it. hth
Thanks Delish :thnk
NewMom1 Posts: 1252
i priced a new creche opening soon in santry and it is 1100 per month for 5 days and i think it was something like 700 for 3 days...
aylala Posts: 3673
im hoping to get a minder but dont know how we will pay for it but never thought we could afford mortgage then never thought we could afford new house and we did (just about ) my mam has expressed interest but i dont know its a long day for her and she loves her job and id hate for her to give it up
Blackbird Posts: 5135
Childminders in my area are €45 per day. DS's creche is €888 for 5 days until he is 12 months. We pay this even though he only goes for 4 days. It will drop to €845 for 5 days when he is over 12 months and at that stage they will let us pay for 4 days only, which is €780. Opening hours are 7-7. DS is there from about 8am to 4.45pm.
kala Posts: 1937
i have a child minder and pay her by the hour and not the day as i work shift. she is paid 5 euro per hour and say if we are as much as 20 mins late we feel obligued to give her the 5 euro for the hour. we have agreed to pay her 4 weeks holiday pay but we really feel we need to reconsider it as it is alot of money to be paying to someone who is not registered and not insured. only thing is how would you bring the subject up. in this climate there are lots of women only too willing to mind kids.
sunnygirl Posts: 1876
[quote="doublel":1dcuuqm4]i priced a new creche opening soon in santry and it is 1100 per month for 5 days and i think it was something like 700 for 3 days...[/quote:1dcuuqm4] that is so expensive! and obviously being new they don't have any reputation to base their prices on! madness!