average price of dress?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

bride10 Posts: 105
girls starting the hunt for the dress next week! :o)ll just wondering what can i expect to spend in a bridal shop in dublin. is 1200 realistic? thanks :wv
jdawg Posts: 171
I have three dresses in the running and all three were under 1200 and I wasn't even looking at price tags when I tried them on! Two were Maggie Sottero and priced at 950 and 1100. The other was Sottero and Midgley(which I'm pretty sure is THE dress) and that was 1150. Definitely possible!
bride10 Posts: 105
that sounds good jdawg what shop are they in?
jdawg Posts: 171
If you're looking around Dublin then Alexander's on Parnell St. I was also looking in Tracey Bridal in Galway. Both are sooooooooooo helpful and have very reasonably priced dresses. :wv
kookiegal Posts: 1150
That is definitely an amount that will get an amazing dress. I have looked at loads of dresses so far from Maggie Sottero, Jasmine Bridal, Mon Cheri, Essence and each of them are around that budget, most of them cheaper.
mrsmaybride2010 Posts: 843
hi i paid 950 for my dress. its a phil collins dress and bought it in the bridal outlet in baldoyle. the staff in the shop are fab....
2010BABY Posts: 96
Mine cost £700 stf which is well under €1000
elizajane Posts: 631
yep defo possible - good luck with the shopping!
elizajane Posts: 631
yep defo possible - good luck with the shopping!
beehive Posts: 68
i tried on a dress in Alexanders that was 400 euro. i got mine in Fiona todhunter and its costing 1200 thats including alterations. some were a lot cheaper then i expected then some are just mad mad money. happy shopping