Menu

Avoid people with flu or any illnesses

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mama2b! Posts: 131
So it says in my pregnancy manual...today I've encountered numerous people with flu, a person getting over severe pneumonia AND an old woman who stopped to talk to me in the gym who just has had shingles. Should i be paranoid?????? Maybe overly so. !!!!!!!
mrssunflower Posts: 3651
My husband has the really bad flu for a week now but so far I haven't been ill from it. I had a small cold before xmas so I'm hoping that has built up my immune system a bit.
MaltaMammy Posts: 853
Oh my God if I'm not being coughed or sneezed on then I have people coming in to me (I work on reception) telling me of their ailments, just gotten over the flu, just had the vomiting bug........ just stay away from me!!! :o0 It's unfortunately impossible to avoid sick people but I like to keep a little bottle of carex antibacterial hand gel with me (as I handle money) and a bottle of dettol under my desk :o0 :o0 maybe I'm the paranoid one! :o0 :o0
neeov Posts: 4256
I have the anitbacterial stuff at my desk too and just git more for the car for after trips! I think its always a great idea to avoid people who are sick, even when I'm not pregnant. Shingles is the same virus as chicken pox, if you already had chicken pox, you should nt catch it off someone. If you did catch it you would get chicken pox, not shingles.