Awful Pains

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

workingmom Posts: 3429
Oh Lord, I am already the size of a bear, and I have only put on 2 lbs weight, but I have found that I have awful pains in my bowels, I woke up this morning and could not move in the bed. I have suffered from IBS for a long time, and now I am worried that this isn't normal. I feel like I have pressure in my tummy and am carrying around a brick. Does anyone else suffer like this? I am half thinking I should go to the doctor.
SaJa Posts: 4282
That's exactly how I'm feeling at the moment. I can feel gas moving around inside me and its quite sore. Also have lower back pain, a dragging, kinda af feeling in my stomach and I can feel the discomfort when I walk. Think its just stretching but god its sore.
sinion Posts: 6050
bad constipation is so common in pregnancy i'm afraid, there's been times that i've been literally paralysed with the pain. Have you been going regularly? If you're concerned that it's too bad then definitely go to your doctor. I found that eating prunes and drinking prune juice was the best thing for me, cleared me right out!
sinion Posts: 6050
just to add I do remember from about 11 weeks to about 15 weeks or so being in a lot of discomfort with stretching/bowel pains. It eased off for a while but is now back with a vengance!
workingmom Posts: 3429
I just called the VHI nurse care line and spoke to the midwife, she went through a load of questions with me, and advised me to go to the hospital
SaJa Posts: 4282
[quote="Sinion":2gbyuwgk]bad constipation is so common in pregnancy i'm afraid, there's been times that i've been literally paralysed with the pain. Have you been going regularly? If you're concerned that it's too bad then definitely go to your doctor. I found that eating prunes and drinking prune juice was the best thing for me, cleared me right out![/quote:2gbyuwgk] I'm going nearly every day but I know that you can still get constipated cause you are not clearing out fully and with the bowels slowing down at this stage its not surprising that we feel uncomfortable. mrs. gk, hope everything goes well in the hospital and let us know how you get on.