Awful Predicament!!! :(

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

honeypot2010 Posts: 1500
.............................. :o( ..........................................
BlossomHill Posts: 2169
It happens. At least she has taken the big step in admitting it. Most abusers remain in denial for a long time. Anger Managment classes for her & conselling for both of them will help. She needs your support on this so don't shut her out. If you can face it, I think you should stick to your original plans.
bridesmaidzilla Posts: 1859
Jesus Cilla,thats awful!!I take it from your post that your friend was freaked out at her own behaviour? Recommending counselling was the right thing, have to say I do feel very sorry for her husband as well, poor guy.Physical violence towards anyone makes me feel sick to my stomach. :o( :o(
Nadie Posts: 1111
Cilla, I honestly think you've done everything you should do with offering to drive her to counselling. She may use the cash-strapped issue as an excuse, but there should be some low price counselling in your area - if you're in Dublin, there's a place called the Lighthouse (I think) in Clondalkin, that has qualified counsellors but they give much lower rates than the average. As for the weekend, I think I would try to go out with them and let on all is normal. He'd probably be mortified if he found out you know about this, and they do say it's best not to interfere too much into these things... I feel for you Cilla, it definitely is a tricky one.
Groovy-Chick Posts: 2383
It must have taken a lot for your friend to admit this to you and to be honest it sounds like a cry for help. You did the right thing by offering to take her to counselling, she seems to realise herself now that it is a problem. Hopefully she will take u up on your offer.
honeypot2010 Posts: 1500
........................ :o( ..........................