AWWWWWWWWWWW

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Bubski Posts: 1785
My Mams cat is very ill. What has happened is she keeps getting tumors on her lips so far she has had 3 operations to remove it, Mam has spent €700 on her so far which is a lot of money. The last time the vet said in order to fully remove it she would have to go to Dublin and have part of her jaw removed. The bill is gonna b massive. She is such a family pet, a real cuddly cat, Mam was askin me what to do. Obviously if we had the spare cash we would operate but we dont - I cant tell her to put her down.. Its so sad... My poor puddy cat :o( She is gonna have to go isn't she. She cant really eat at the moment (well she'd last for about a month not eating coz she is HUGE)
sinion Posts: 6050
oh poor baby, i'm so sorry. I know what it's like, my two dogs are my babies and it breaks my heart when they're ill :o(
willful Posts: 6822
Aww,. Bubski-that's terrible, your poor kitty.
Mrs Knockers Posts: 3514
Ahh thats awfull, does your Mam have pet insurace?
No - unfortunately not. Pity thou Pet insurance would have been €90 a yr & she is 8 yrs old so you'd be looking at €720 paid out on insurance. And she has a few cats so really insurance is not an option for her. Its over priced i think. I know it can be worth it but its hard to justify it when your pet is well.
I have one of my dogs insured - the other was too old to insure here when I brought them over . I hope you come up with a solution? Just thinking there - could you try the blue cross? They have mobile vet clinics here & helpmout with some expenses - don't know if you have to be on benefits or somethng though - worth a try tho! http://www.bluecross.ie/mobileclinic.html
Aww thanks chick :thnk Will have a look at it
Let us know how you get on won't you. xx