Menu

B*llocks!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

StupidSexyFlanders Posts: 8402
How f*cking stupid can I be? Just applied for a job by e-mail referencing "my attached CV" and forgot to attach the f-ing thing. Realised straight away and sent a follow-up e-mail immediately but FFS - bang goes that opportunity. F*ck f*ck f*ck!
missuk2013 Posts: 244
ah no v excitedb2b, I wouldnt say the opportunity is lost, sure you sent another email straight away and its a simple mistake to make. Done be hard on yourself you rectified it as soon as you realised. If its for you it wont pass you! I will say a wee prayer for you. chin up. :thnk
manxmrs Posts: 850
Ah I've done that too - just immediately send another email off saying "CV now attached" - I wouldn't say its gone against you. I receive applications via email at work, and a good few do the same, and I just reply asking for CV - they soon reply back - hopefully you get sorted soon :wv
StupidSexyFlanders Posts: 8402
Thanks girls. I was just so frustrated with myself, I hate when I do things like that. Hopefully they'll still at least consider me - fingers crossed!
MrsAH Posts: 3715
AH VE how annoying. Try not to worry too much about it. Someone who wouldn't interview someone over something like that isn't worth working for! :action32
Jane Smith Posts: 3158
Well if competency was measured by attachments I think I'd have gotten my P45 from both employers I have had to date. :o0 Obviously, the more important the document and the more important the hierarchy to which I'm sending it, the more likely I am to forget it. I think I get so tied up with scanning it correctly, that I've phrased the email correctly, that all my spellings and grammer are correct and that I've included and copied everyone on the mail, I just end up pressing Send....followed by a swift "Oh Shlt, not again!!!!!!!!" O:| Nothings ever said though, I just resend again as quickly as possible. At this stage I don't even apologise for having forgotten it the first time :ooh !! Obviously I'm perfect at my job in every other way so that helps....... :yelrotflmaosmilie: It will be ok I'm sure. It really shouldn't have to come down to that whether or not they consider you for the position. Best of luck with it!! :wv
John Walsh Guitar
Urban Fairy Posts: 3987
Dont worry, I get scores of CV's into me every week and now and again that happens and I wouldnt hold it against the person because I've done it with attachments myself a lot
carof Posts: 171
I get in loads of cvs every week and I wouldn't even blink at someone forgetting to put the attachment on. You really want to find someone for the job so if their cv is good, I wouldn't mind if it took two emails to reach me!
ScarlettoHara Posts: 8442
Ah try not to worry about it!! Hopefully it wont matter
lstars Posts: 1199
ah id say you will be fine!!! can understand your annoyance thou! best of luck with application! :o)ll