baby 14 wks,pregnant again??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

eddybear Posts: 7
how all, hope ye can help me?had my baby 14 weeks ago. query mite be pregnant again?is this possible as haven't had period since delivery? :wv
sparklybabe Posts: 3353
not only is it possible its probable if you havent been using contraception you are extremly fertile just after having a baba
apple drop Posts: 331
Oh god eddybear, you could very well be! But firstly are you breast feeding? This can keep AF away. Just a word of caution though. When my DD was 9 weeks (i was b'feeding) DH asked me when shopping if I needed tampax, I said no as they hadn't returned yet! He kept going on that I could be pregnant. So to shut him up I bought a test. I nearly died when it came back BFP :eek :eek :eek :eek Was so in shock, i started crying, I had a 9 week old, just getting the hang of breast feeding...... I wanted my body back for a while, I couldn't be pregnant!!!!! I did the second test the next morning, (just cos I still couldn't let it sink in :o0 ) It was with FMU and it came back BFN :o)ll But I was totally confused so called the Clearblue helpline. I was told that the pregnancy hormone is still detectable for about 3 months after giving birth. Such a relief. :o0 If you think you could be, maybe talk to your dr. he could check your tummy and might be able to tell you. Good luck and let us know how you get on!
Rocket Queen Posts: 7381
Remember even if your AF hasn't returned you have to ovulate first, something you won't know about unless you are monitoring it with OPK's. A friend of mine has Irish twins - there's less than 12mths between her 2 children. She wouldn't change it for the world. :heartbeat:
Jeidi Posts: 3128
Irish Twins? I LOVE that! :wv
eddybear Posts: 7
hey all thanks for the replies. got a little bit freaked out after postin my topic so i took myself off and did a test................ im not pregnant according to the test.actually in a weird way was a litle bit disappointed!! I can't be greedy-I have a wonderful baby who is the centre of our universe. Definitely a gift sent from my late mother. So when it is meant to happen it will. My husband and I hope to try again when number 1 is about 9 months. :xxx