Baby baths!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lush11 Posts: 2877
Just wondering what baby bath to get. I read another post on here were everyone is recommending the Fisher Price one but im reading reviews that its too small for older babies and to be honest i want it to last a little longer than 3 months. Any recommendations?
summersurprise Posts: 1276
:wv if you put the words - baby bath - into the "site search" the white box at the top right of the pg, there are at least 26 seperate topics/ posts there re baby baths, HTH. O-O
funkyfish Posts: 7626
forget a bath get a tummy tub way easier to bath babs and great for getting up wind. we moved from the tub to the main bath and one of us gets in the big bath with DS to relax it really calms him.
mammymcphee Posts: 4477
funkyfish can i ask what age little one was when u put them in the big bath, im gonna do this soon i think, as Olivia makes such a big splash at bathtime, she loves it :o0
Daff Posts: 11644
[quote="funkyfish":1kmiduc7]forget a bath get a tummy tub way easier to bath babs and great for getting up wind. we moved from the tub to the main bath and one of us gets in the big bath with DS to relax it really calms him.[/quote:1kmiduc7] + a million! We used it from when DD was 3 days old and she loved it. They are fully emersed in water and it feels more secure adn warmer for them. DD used it til about a month ago and the only reason then we moved her was cause she got bath toys for xmas and knew she'd love to play with them in the big bath.
Hadnt a clue what that tummy tub thing was until i googled it but I dont like the look of it at all. Sorry! The pictures actually frightened me. How much are they? Can anyone change my mind.
they're about €35 and have to say they are AMAZING! I can't recommend it highly enough. So easy to bath a small baby in it as opposed to doing it in a normal baby bath on your own - having to hold your hand behind head, most of babies body is out the water and they're getting cold etc. This you just pop the baby in and water comes up to the shoulders - you just keep them floating by putting hand under the chin.
here's a sdie view - once they can support their heads you have the freedom of letting go and they explore themselves.
Ok those pictures dont look as scary but it is a funny looking tub. Where would ya get it?
I got it in Baby Biz in Dun Laoire but if you do a google search it should bring it up Also the photo on my signature was taken in the tummy tub at 5 weeks old, unsupported too but not looking as happy about it all :o0