Baby big for dates

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Desert-Moon Posts: 1174
Had a scan today at the docs, and I asked him if baby is big, as I am huge, and he said yes it does look like a big baby! :eek He did a head circumferance measurement, and baby is measuring nearly 32 weeks! So will they go by this or with my dates? I'm worries as there was such a discrepency with my dates the last time, I'm convinced DD was overdue. My consultant says he will not allow me to go past my due date this time, but do you think I'll be brought in early because of this? Anyone else been through this?
Royal Wolly Posts: 1020
I think it completely depends on your consultant. I too am having a VERY big baby but have been told that labour will be easier if I wait until baby is ready to come :o( My last DS was 10lb 3oz and looking back on pictures I was tiny in comparison to what I am like now but unfortunately my consultant is a right stickler.... You should ask your consultant what the risks are, I know with my little monster it took a long time to get him out of the pelvis and although I had a lovely healthy baby my pelvis has not been the same since.... hundreds spent on physio and it is still tilted and causes a lot of pain.... Just ask what your options are, for your sake x :wv