Baby Bops birth story very very very good labour :)

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Babybop. Posts: 592
Well girls i cant believe its all over and im finally getting to write my birth story :o)ll Well on wednesday evening i was getting really strong BH and decided to go for a bath and to bed early and try get some sleep (no such luck) from wednesday night right through until thursday morning i was gettting pains every half hour. I got up on Thursday morning and washed and dressed my kids and myself and dropped the my 2ds to pre school and went to the CU and the shops for dinner while still getting these pains at the time i thought it was just another false alarm, but by 10.30-11 they started getting stronger so i went over to my MILs as i started to really panic, when she seen me she said i really think this is it for you and we started timing them every 20 mins they were coming then 10 so i rang my dh and told him to come home. My DH arrived homw at 12 and my pains were still there but didnt seem so bad so at 1 he went back to work as i said i thought it was a false alarm and would be ok! how wrong was i by 2.30 i was on my hands and knees trying to rock the contractions away and the pain was getting really intence so i called my DH and he was back home again, he put my Tens Machine on and we headed off to the hospital. All the way down to the hospital i felt really pressure and kept thinking oh shes going to come in the car my poor Hubby was in a panic and at one point seen and ambulance and sent to pull it over, but i told him just to keep going we'll be there soon and it'll be ok. 4pm we arrived at the hospital and got sent straight to the delivery suite, where i was checked and was told im sorry your getting contractions but your not dilating, so at 5pm they sent me to a ward to get me walking to try progress things but i couldnt get out of the bed by 6.50 i called a nurse to check to see if i was dilated as the pains were every 3 mins, the poor nurse nearly hit the floor i was 5cms and she was wonder WTF the doctor was doing sending me to the ward when i was in labour. she got me to put on my nightdress and walk back over to the DS. We arrived back over to the DS and the midwife asked what pain relief i'd like and i said im grand i have my tens machine, girls i swear by this it got me through my whole labour with no drugs what so ever. By 8.50 the pains were getting stronger and the midwife seem to be in shcok i was 9cm and there wasnt a scream or moan from me, she kept saying your some woman you must have a really strong pain trash hold. Honestly girls i could feel pain but it was bearable i think the tens was working :o0 at 9.05 i got the urge to push and started to push my little girl out, it was amazing i could feel her head starting to come out and was told Mrs Babybop look down she has loads of hair 3 more pushes and she'll be out so with all my strenght i gave 3 hard pushes and my little girl was born. Oh girls it was the most amazing feeling ever and a great labour after all my fears and worries about the labour it was the best labour i've had and felt great after it, i was even able to get out of the bed and hour later and jump into the shower. 4 things i done that i'd recommend [b:3nqjmwu5]Yoga[/b:3nqjmwu5] really helped with the breathing [b:3nqjmwu5]Relaxation cds[/b:3nqjmwu5] helps you stay focused and strong [b:3nqjmwu5]Rescue remedy[/b:3nqjmwu5] kept my nerves calm and last but not least [b:3nqjmwu5]Tens Machine[/b:3nqjmwu5] i was getting really strong contactions well so the nurse told me, but to me it felt like really strong period pains. Baby Kara weighed 7lbs 14oz and arrived into the world the 10th July at 9.12pm, 8 days early :o)ll God girls i feel terrible didnt even thank my hubby i really wouldnt have done it without him, he was my rock and gave me the encouragement i needed. :lvs Hope you enjoyed reading my birth story and best of luck to everyone expecting there LOs :wv Edited to add babys name and weight and to thank my hubby
alton Posts: 3077
congratulations and well done :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll What a lovely story - really encouraging too. Thanks for posting.
Mrs Magoo Posts: 475
Wow congratulations babybob. You are an inspiration. What a perfect delivery. What did you name her.
MummyLuv Posts: 2478
Congrats pet am so glad it went so well for you, love her name its beautiful xxx Congrats to u and the three boys !!!
jarashow Posts: 3083
Wow congratulations, a fantastic story, you were so calm through the whole thing!!
Poppit Posts: 2042
Oh Babybop, :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll What a fantastic birth and after all your worrying. I am so delighted all went so well for ye. You did a wonderful job. A HUGE congrats to you and Mr. Babybop and your 2 DS's on the arrival of baby Kara. Love the photo by the way. She gorgeous :lvs Welcome back :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
sherbetlemon Posts: 927
Many congrats babybop on the arrival of beautiful Kara. :o)ll
newly_wed Posts: 1039
Many Congrats Babybop! :o)ll Great to read such a positive birth story so thanks for sharing!!! :wv
smurf77 Posts: 2216
Congratulations!!!
sinion Posts: 6050
Wow, what an amazing story! Well done you, and such a gorgeous name too, beautiful girl!