Baby brain....any other sufferers?!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mumaholic Posts: 833
Seriously girls I think Im going mad!!! Got up this morning, had shower, etc all normal. THEN took out a bowl and glass for breakfast, filled the bowl with cheerios and then took out the orange juice...and poured it all over the feckin cheerios :duh: !! :o0 !! I laughed til my sides ached and then had to start the breakfast routine all over again :o0 Please tell me your baby brain stories so I dont feel like the eejit that pregnancy is makin me be :hyper:
curliwurli Posts: 3369
yesterday spent half an hour walking around m&s picking out non-wired bras etc then got to the counter, lady added it all up then asked me for the money - no flipping purse. it was sitting on the passenger seat in the car where i left it. had to walk back to the car and then back to the shop to pay for my stuff, was so tired and cranky after that!! i also keep forgetting peoples names, names of characters on tv, where to find documents at work that i use all the time, the list is ongoing, didn't think it would kick in this early!!!
valentine09 Posts: 681
Yes yes yes - I know your pain. I have lost it! I was an hour late for meeting the girls for lunch on sat after re reading the text that morning to confirm the time. I had my parents over for dinner last night and was doing merangue nests, fruit salad and cream for desert. I forgot the serve the nests - they were too polite to say anything.
SaJa Posts: 4282
I suffered from awful baby brain (and still do sometimes and DS is now 15 months) I remember one morning getting dressed and I put my knickers on back to front and when I did manage to get them on the right way round, I then put my trousers on backwards :o0
randomusername Posts: 2134
Yes, worse some days then others. Cannot remember lots of words or names for things, have to resort to mime acts with Hubby when looking for something. Have gone out without underwear on under my jeans and didn't realise til I got a draft :o0 Went to post a letter and snatched it back just before I dropped it in the litter bin outside the shop. Constantly walking into rooms and forgetting what I went in for and find piles of stuff in weird places that I've obviously dropped there to be sorted out and forgotten about. Its hilarious except when I forget someone's name and they're standing in front of me
Painter2 Posts: 218
I didnt expect it to start so early for me but defo suffering from something beacuse in the last week I've managed to: 1. search every room of my house looking for my glasses...which I had in my left hand. No lie, my dh laughed his head off!! 2. I bought stationery in easons, paid for it and then walked out of the shop leaving it all behind!!! 3. My dh was cooking lasagne & needed cheese. I went off to tesco, picked up a few other bits and came home without the cheese! So headed straight back then rememberd we need toilet rolls. But...I forgot the cheese AGAIN. My poor dh said he was committing me as I'd clearly lost my mind!! There are a million more stupid things I've done. Never was like this before. Its crazy!!!! :o0 :o0
Diamontee Posts: 675
Oh girls, Im suffering big time with Baby brain!! Its grand when Im at home and do stupid things like taking food from the freezer and putting it back into the fridge!! :o)ll But its driving me mad when im at work!! :o( Today is one of the worst days of it!!! The amount of mistakes im making is unreal, like wrong customers with wrong phone numbers! O:| O:| Really thought my boss was going to give out to me today but just said oohh you've some bad case of baby brain! :duh:
mammymcphee Posts: 4477
major sufferer here too, was in the middle of tellin my friend a story last week, and put on the ketle while telling her, i got out the cups, then just sat down and stopped talking, she was lookin at me weird, then i started talking about something else and she was like, are u not gonna finish the story about so and so, and i said, what story!! :-8 :-8 :-8 . i went into tesco the other day too to get pasta and toothpaste and came out with bread and milk, DH was :o0 :o0 in the car at me!
wifin Posts: 4761
[quote="Watermelonbelly":2hyo93da]Cannot remember lots of words or names for things, have to resort to mime acts with Hubby when looking for something[/quote:2hyo93da] I do this too :-8 I mostly struggle trying to remember words for things resulting in me either miming, using a very long roundabout way of saying it or most embarrassingly making up words :-8 :o0 A few weeks ago, I was trying to say to DH 'don't get your knickers in a twist!' but I couldn't so I just said 'oh don't get knickered!'....he just looked at me with this look of puzzlement on his face :-8 :o0