BABY BRAIN

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

newly Posts: 198
Girls, Please tell me I am not alone suffering from this ?? Making mistakes in work that I would usually never make ...dropping things, forgetting things, and generally going around with my head up my a***. :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 Not long left though which helps xx
sinion Posts: 6050
yep, i'm utterly useless in work now, I have to get my assistant to look over everything I do before I send it out as I've sent out emails and invites to the entire office with wrong details and had to retract them, I recently sent out the wrong invite to over 70 staff [i:air3zc1j]three times[/i:air3zc1j] in a row and had to keep retracting each :-8
Babylon Posts: 334
Am totally with you on this one!! Am continuously dropping things, walking into a room and forgetting why I am there, leaving my car keys in strange places like on top of wheelie bins, the list goes on! As for work, if I don't write it down it just doesn't get done. And as for the emotions .... I cried at the ante-natal class when the midwife pushed the toy doll through the plastic pelvic bones! It seems to be all part of a normal pregnancy though so I just laugh at it!
sinion Posts: 6050
oh yeh and getting out of the car and starting to walk away before realising the car is still running... Or putting the car into gear and taking handbrake off, accelarating and wondering why car won't go and then realising the keys are still in my handbag.
Oh Girls thanks ....dont know what Im going to say to my boss when she walks in will probably start crying cause like yourselves emotions are all over the place. Ah its all part of it so dont mind .... xx :wv
Babylon Posts: 334
Hi newly. Don't worry about crying in front of your boss - I cried in front of my male boss twice yesterday. He was really hard on me during the week, and then popped in yesterday morning to say he had been thinking of me overnight and just wanted to say that he appreciated how hard I was working, and was really grateful that I was working as close to the due date as I could, but that the baby was the most important thing. Well, I was a goner...... was heaving crying! Then went to the doc and my blood pressure was crazy so she has signed me off work for the rest of the pregnancy. Well you can imagine how much I cried when telling the boss that later on yesterday! At the end of the day, who cares if they think we are crazy. Hormones are powerful things, and as long as your boss can see you are trying you'll have nothing to worry about! :wv
Hi Babylon, Thats true and my boss is really decent about everything cause she has 3 kids herself. Mind urself now for the rest if your pregancy we are due around the same time xx
Babybop. Posts: 592
Got dont talk about baby brain me and my DH spent a half hour tearing the house apart looking for the car keys and all alone the were in my jeans i swear so dizzy. I was also in the Coombe on Wednesday night and the doctor was chatting to me and my DH and he said is this your first baby and i said no i've 2 DS at home he replied what your 2 young to be having 3 kids. he asked how old was my eldest to which i replied 19 his face dropped and he was shocked girls i was so mortified what i actually thought he said was how old were you when you had your 1st to which i was replying 19. stupid pregnancy brain at least my DH and the Doctor got a kick out of my dizzyness :o0
naughtybutnice Posts: 1858
worst thing is girls it doesn't end when you give birth!!!!
montblanc Posts: 385
There are always more delightful things to look forward to with pregnancy! thanks for the heads up!