Baby brain. :(

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

boodlesdoodles Posts: 900
So,who's baby brain has kicked in? Mine certainly has! :weep I burnt a pot of rice the other day, and i never forget when i put food on, never! :eek And my spatial awareness is failing already, so driving is becoming interesting to say the least. I nearly pulled out in front of a (speeding i might add) jeep at a roundabout this week, and my parking skills are gone, just gone, and i always prided myself on my ability to park my car in the eye of a needle! Now i need at least four empty spaces around me before i can park properly. :weep :weep Last night my parallel parking was so bad i might as well have just stopped the car in the middle of the road, i was so far out from the kerb! :duh: I wasnt driving when i was pregnant last time, but i definitely remember walking into door jams and the like quite a lot, so i think i should drive as little as possible for the next 5 mths! :-8 Anyone else suffering yet?
xx fairy mommy xx Posts: 1833
Oh you can sing it! Between forgetting my pin numbers and baisc language skills to putting in my contacts and my glasses on as well I'm a certified featherhead!! On the contact glasses situation, you won't believe how long it took me to cop that I had both on at the same time and that it wasn't that my eye sight had gone wonky in the, ahem, blink of an eye!!
jan8 Posts: 554
do other people point out your baby brain to you? if so do you find it irritating in the extreme? and it this also a symptom of baby brain??!
ohsotired Posts: 7071
I bumped into a Merc when I was reversing out of a parking space during the week - despite looking around while reversing I didn't even see it :innocent:
Dancing Queen Posts: 2591
I'm finding that my judgement is off when I'm driving, doing a lot of correcting when I'm turning corners, I thought it was just me :-8
Happymammy2010 Posts: 837
Girls I know exactly what you mean, I have done a number of stupid things over the last few weeks and I was the same on the last pregnancy. My memory is awful too which is a nightmare in work and I have emailed myself a number of times and it took me a while to figure it out :-8 :-8 Then yesterday I was banking online paying bills and I managed to pay the same bill twice and again it took me ages to cop on! It does go when babs is born though!