Baby clothes for hospital bag - help!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Sphynx Posts: 6795
Some urgent help from mums or people with a clue about baby clothes needed! I got a list from the hospital saying to bring: 3 wrapover vests 4 body suits 2 sleepsuits Now what on earth is a "wrapover vest" and where can I get them? I have already bought vests but I'm pretty sure they're not "wrapover". And what is the difference between a body suit and a sleepsuit? I have bought some babygros - are body suits and sleepsuits not the same thing? I also read somewhere you should buy a couple of "snowsuits" for a winter baby - are these just warm babygros? :eek Really don't want to have to ask this at the antenatal classes :-8
little mrs sunshine Posts: 5523
Think the snowsuits are those all in ones you put on baby when going outside. I saw a lovely cream one in exit last week. They are the suits that make babies look like eskimos :o0 As for your other questions? Can't help sorry.
GotPreggers Posts: 988
Sorry, haven't a clue what a wrapover vest is???? And I thought body suits and sleep suits are the same thing too. Snowsuits are the all in one jackets, like what Maggie wears in the Simpsons for going outside :o0
GotPreggers Posts: 988
Just wanted to add, once you have vests babygro's, cardigans and hats for the baby that would be fine. Along with all the usual nappies etc. Don't stress too much, whatever else you realise you need your dh can bring them to you HTH
Sleep Monster Posts: 2829
Is a wrapover vest like a baby thingy that's just really easy to put on? When baby is just born, it's probably easier to lay them down on a clothing item and pull it around them, rather than pull something over their heads. Especially, as many babies, don't enjoy being naked and cold for too long! As regards the bodysuits and sleepsuits, I'm only guessing, but does the later include covered foot bits?!? As others have said, I wouldn't worry too much, so long as you have enough warm clothes.
Thanks girls - it's great to be able to ask the "stupid" questions here isn't it?! I think you are right - I think vests and bodysuits must be the same thing to be honest. I think sleepsuits = strech suits = babygros! There is also something called a "pram suit" but I don't want to know what that is - am confused enough already! :o0
fancypants Posts: 453
Hi wrap over vests are hard to come by and to be honest you can manage without - basically they look like this it just means that you dont have to pull it over their head and is also gentler to close over the belly button tag thing that they have at the start. I did get some in Petit Bateau in London - not sure if they are in Ireland though. HTH
Thanks fancypants - makes sense and they look like great things but I've never seen them here before. Good to know they're not essential!
fancypants Posts: 453
to be honest I hardly used mine - as the sleeves were really narrow and i found them a bit fiddly Normal vests are fine - Bring a good few baby gros too - the poo gets everywhere! Cardigans i found really handy for the early days - at home she would wear one over her baby gro. Sorry missed your ticker - have you long to go - how exciting getting the bag ready - I would love to be doing it again!!
[quote="fancypants":2zu0h9f8]to be honest I hardly used mine - as the sleeves were really narrow and i found them a bit fiddly Normal vests are fine - Bring a good few baby gros too - [b:2zu0h9f8]the poo gets everywhere[/b:2zu0h9f8]! Cardigans i found really handy for the early days - at home she would wear one over her baby gro. Sorry missed your ticker - have you long to go - how exciting getting the bag ready - I would love to be doing it again!![/quote:2zu0h9f8] :eek :eek :eek All over the lovely white babygros I bought! Do they also come in chocolate brown? :o0