Baby clothes - sizes?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Pigglywinks Posts: 46
Hi All, I want to start buying a few bits for babs but I don't know what size to buy! I was looking at Next Online shop and not sure whether to order up to 1 month or 0-3 months or do I buy a few of each? I was just going to get some vests and sleepsuits - God I really haven't a clue :-8 So I was wondering what everyone else is doing. Thanks
Purple Tulip Posts: 3442
i bought all 0-3months as newborn are up to 7lb in weight and i was told would have bigger baby than that. DS was 7lb 11oz and i ended up buying some newborn sleepsuits as the others were too big. so maybe buy a couple of each to be on safe side
jiggy_jo Posts: 1166
ive had a little look at things but not at a buying stage yet. but from what ive seen there seems to be a fair difference in the sizes in different shops. i think what ill do when the time comes is get a few of both and compare ect and see. HTH
louise7 Posts: 126
I found the Next 'up to one month' and the M&S 'up to one month' to be perfect (they fitted for bang on 4 weeks) and then dd moved into 0-3 size after a month.
jellybaby Posts: 2316
I expected a small baby, and bought newborn sizes but she was 9lbs and very big all round, and her first day was spent in a sleepsuit that was very obviously too small for her!! I went out and bought size 0-3 months for her, and she got about 4 weeks out of those!!
breeze Posts: 1175
I bought 0/3 months, did by newborn but they looked tiny, there was no way a baby would fit in them IYKWIM.
NewGirl Posts: 1143
I've bought some of each. Newborn go up to 7lb and I dont really think i'll have much bigger than that but at the same time dont know. Only bought a few bits newborn and rest 0-3months, just enough to get me through the hospital, hubby or mum will be able to pick me up a few bits in blue/pink if I need more.
jellybaby Posts: 2316
[quote="NewGirl":c2mmxexg]Newborn go up to 7lb and I dont really think i'll have much bigger than that[/quote:c2mmxexg] That's what I thought too :o0 :o0! I'm 4ft 11 and 3 quarters of an inch (that 3 quarters is important!!) and a size 8. My sisters are all bigger than me, and the heaviest baby any of them had was 7lbs 8oz, so I was expecting a 6.5lb baby. Imagine my surprise when along came this 9lb monster :o0 :o0 :o0