Baby Doppler

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

red_rubies Posts: 2424
Would you recommend getting one? If you did get one, do you use it much?
wifetobe Posts: 1438
Hey- I got one at 11 weeks and used it til about 18 weeks for reassurance. To be honest its just becasue you can't feel baby, but since 18 weeks or so Ive been getting kicked so much I know she's fine....was nice at the beginning for me though. Got mine on ebay for €29.00. Angelsounds. Recommended. HTH :wv
Duncelt Posts: 460
I also got mine on Ebay and used it at the beginning for reassurance but not any more as I can feel baby - if your a worrier its nice to have it!
cheer bear bride Posts: 3731
I got that one too put cannot hear that much to be honest, and I know exactly where to be listening cause the midwife used her doppler at 13 weeks.... She said they're not recommended as later in pg they can pick up noises that an untrained ear might think is a heartbeat and you'd assume all is ok and it might not be :eek
mrscakes Posts: 105
I also got an Angelsounds one from ebay for about €30 - works perfectly.
kala Posts: 1937
i bought one and used it up to about 18 weeks when i got my first movements. week12- movement starting are a long few weeks and its reassuring when you have a doppler. would def recommend one but you'd want to have it from around week 12 to get use out of it.
January87 Posts: 280
[quote="cheer bear bride":2jpsf9o5]I got that one too put cannot hear that much to be honest, and I know exactly where to be listening cause the midwife used her doppler at 13 weeks.... She said they're not recommended as later in pg they can pick up noises that an untrained ear might think is a heartbeat and you'd assume all is ok and it might not be :eek[/quote:2jpsf9o5] cheer bear bride, it might be possible that your baby has moved position and you can't hear the heartbeat anymore because they've changed position, try moving it round your stomach... every time i went to the hospital the doppler was in a different place!!
cheer bear bride Posts: 3731
Girls I do try, all the time :o0 ! I spend 40 mins just moving it around slowly and I use i pod speakers as they're better than the ones it comes with....Btw im very thin so its not that there's too much skin to hear it! Ive tried it with full bladder and empty tummy, first thing in morn, last thing at night it doesn't matter..... I thought I got it once really early on but I think it was a pulse of mine now
doolittle Posts: 910
Hi I got the angelsounds one its great, I was hearing the heartbeat from 11 weeks but it took ages to get the hang of HOW to hear it. I eventually figured it had to be very low on my bikini line, with the microphone angled up and into my flabby belly :o0 then I would rest it in one spot for about 20 seconds and just listen, if I didnt pick it up Id move it across and inch and wait. I d eventually get it but you do have to have patience its not like when they do it fast at your doctors!
Mammyof2Princesses Posts: 3745
We have the Angelsounds one too and its brilliant would definetly recommend it! *)