Baby for Sophie

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Grunge Bride Posts: 2529
I know it's not fashionable to be interested in the royal family (William and Harry aside, it seems!) but I was delighted to see this morning that Sophie Countess of Wessex is expecting her second child at the age of 42. She had an ectopic pregnancy and lost her first baby, then Louise was premature and Sophie nearly died having her, so I really hope this one goes well for her and the baby is ok. [edited to say of course at 42 she's just a teenager and obviously her age is simply not to be commented on for fear of lynching]
Tigletts Posts: 2904
[quote="Grunge Bride":2cv3ktz7] I know that 42 is quite old but hopefully things will be fine...[/quote:2cv3ktz7] Ahem...ahem..... I certainly don't feel 'quite old' !!!
Apple Drops Posts: 22
I am 40 and don't feel too old to be having a baby. Nowadays 42 is not old to have a child. Tracey Piggot is also 42 and is 5 month pregnant.
MrsOBrien1412 Posts: 3971
[quote="Apple Drops":3cv4zgjr]I am 40 and don't feel too old to be having a baby. Nowadays 42 is not old to have a child. Tracey Piggot is also 42 and is 5 month pregnant.[/quote:3cv4zgjr] I didn't know she was having a baby, but in saying that I haven't been watching the horse racing lately :o0 :o0 Delighted that Sophie and Edward are expecting another little bundle of joy
lal Posts: 403
Yeah I read that, its great. She must be fairly well on for them to break the news. Good for them.
Grunge Bride Posts: 2529
Now girls, I'm sure you don't want people to be afraid to open their mouths......particularly on the subject of pregnancy. I was saying that 42 is "quite old" in the context of having a baby. And you know what? It is. Between the start of your fertility and the expected onset of the menopause, 42 is towards the latter end of the spectrum - you know it and I know it. That does not mean that you can't or shouldn't get pregnant at 42, and I said I was delighted for Sophie. But it doesn't make what I said untrue. So there! It's no wonder so many people have gone over to the "dark side" - sometimes you can't express an opinion, even one backed up by facts, for fear someone out there will say "but you've just criticised me" even when you've done nothing of the kind and weren't talking about them. I was talking about Sophie, not any of you. She has had significant problems in the past which is why I said "I hope everything will be ok", not because of her age. Take a chill pill, as they say.