Baby furniture?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

KEbaby Posts: 99
Hiya, Where did you buy your baby furniture? (I am thinking about a cot,changing table-chest of drawers as I don't need a wardrobe). I'm wondering if this will be another example in life of you get what you pay for and is it worth to pay a bit more in the hope it will last longer? Any tips on what to look out for when looking at the furniture? I have the travel system, was also thinking I'd need a baby monitor with temp monitor on it, a bottle steriliser, a changing table for downstairs (or maybe I'll just use a changing mat?)-should I be thinking of adding anything onto the list? Thanks for your help!
gopro Posts: 1801
we just had the crib til DD was 5 months then bought the cot we liked I bought a changing unit in mothercare DD is almost 1 n it's still getting use age loves lying on it. I know not everyone gets the use we have it downstairs upstairs we just had a mat threw it on the bed as needed we have the angel care sleep mat wit temp on it it's so reassuring
highvis Posts: 405
Have you been to Bella Baby or Mamas and Papas?
pinchingo Posts: 341
Hi I bought my dd chest of drawers in ikea 50 euro each and bought a changing mat for the top of it got her sterliser in boots when they were having a baby event and got her cot in euro baby don't have a upstairs so just change her in the room. We got the monitor in Mothercare.
pinchingo Posts: 341
Hi I bought my dd chest of drawers in ikea 50 euro each and bought a changing mat for the top of it got her sterliser in boots when they were having a baby event and got her cot in euro baby don't have a upstairs so just change her in the room. We got the monitor in Mothercare.
Daisy Row Posts: 3650
I got LO's cot bed and changing unit in Mamas and Papas, waited for the sale though! 4yrs later and the cot bed is in perfect condition, going to turn it back to a cot later this year for baby. The changing unit was used for about 18 months and was great, nice height too.