Baby getting hiccups

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Lady Di Posts: 2487
Hi guys, how often does your baby get the hiccups? Its just mine seems to be getting them loads, like twice a day. Do you think this is normal?
Desert-Moon Posts: 1174
Up to a few weeks ago, babs had hiccups a few times a day! My bump would be jumping away while at work. I'd be morto if with a customer as you could clearly see the vibrations! I don't think its anything to worry about though. :wv
Christmas B Posts: 6191
[color=indigo:9p5qgmjo]I started to feel the hiccups last week too!!! They're so cute!!! I get them twice a day so far!!! I don't think there's anything wrong when baby has them, I think it's totally normal!!![/color:9p5qgmjo]
Sphynx Posts: 6795
hiya - mine has been getting them once a day for the last week or so. I looked in "What to expect" and it said only to worry if they occur 2 to 4 times a day and lasting more than 10 minutes after 36 weeks. If this happens, I'll be telling the doctor but I'm not going to worry until then!
Tigletts Posts: 2904
[quote="Sphynx":3v09v5jq]hiya - mine has been getting them once a day for the last week or so. I looked in [b:3v09v5jq]"What to expect" and it said only to worry if they occur 2 to 4 times a day and lasting more than 10 minutes after 36 weeks[/b:3v09v5jq]. If this happens, I'll be telling the doctor but I'm not going to worry until then![/quote:3v09v5jq] I didn't see that in the book?? I guess mine gets them about twice a day, they don't last more than 10' though.
Lady Di Posts: 2487
Thats good to know guys, he had them three times yesterday. They wouldn't normally last more than ten minutes, I might just mention it to the consultant on Monday anyway!