Baby girl names

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mamime Posts: 791
I know these threads have been done over and over, but want some fresh ideas! We like different but not too out there and like names that can be pronounced as they are spelt. Any suggestions? Anyone heard anything nice lately?
Anyone any suggestions?
MrsDraper Posts: 146
I heard of baby Mia lately, thought that was cute (and straightforward spelling!). Florence Violet Gracie Luella (Lulu for short) Can you give a few examples of names you like just to get a flavour of what you are into?
craftyPB Posts: 2625
I've heard Martha, Nora, Charlotte, Florence and Lottie recently. Should we ever have girls, we love the names Molly Rose and Grace Tabitha. What are your other two called??
Thanks for the replies. Mia is lovely, but my sister has a mia ;) I am hearing florence a lot lately, its very cute, but dd has a friend called florence who isn't so close, but it makes it less unique.. i don't want to know someone with the name if possible. Well there's thoughts on names like Akira, Ciara, Cara (but how do you pronounce it? Long or short "a"), also Farrah is nice, and Esme, Grace and Cora, but nothing settled. I think I like the K sound and a short enough name; irish names too, but nothing that isn't said as its pronounced. Blaithin is beautiful, but wouldn't work for OHs family. As i said cora or cara would work. What do you all think on the above?
craftyPB Posts: 2625
I prefer Cora over Cara, I think it's cuter for a baby but also grows with the child well.
Farrah was on our shortlist too, I really like it. How about: Kate Cath Clara Clodagh (doesn't fit your spelling criteria though!) Caitlin Coleen Colette Not fitting your criteria but I also love: Sophia Grace Ruby however they have all gone quite popular. Not a fan of Esme personally, never heard Akira before except in Japanese film context. Choosing a baby name is headwrecking!
I like cora very much. Definitely on our favourite lists. It isn't too old sounding though is it? Akira was one of those that popped up on a name finder! Hadn't heard it before either..which is why i like it ;) Still not 100 percent though.. what else is out there?!!! Actually sophia is nice but used a lot lately, plus its an "s" name. I love zaphira but afraid baby would ever have a lisp and not be able to say her name and get teased! There was a girl in my class with that problem and i always felt so bad for her.. Anyway.. Thanks for all your suggestions mrsdraper, i appreciate the ideas if you have more.. just so far i am finding the names a bit old or something. I like something a bit more modern.. Sigh.. Yip, difficult for sure.. Wondering how people pick names for 4 and 5!!! Feeling stuck..
I had an old music teacher in school called Cora, so that is not the best association for me! Chloe?
morningsun Posts: 784
Elise Eliza Nina Caitlyn Isabelle Annabelle Evie Faye Lily Leah Rose Eleanor Edith Mabel Edie That's all I can think of right now!