baby in a weird position (& 2nd hosp app)

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

confusedmum2012 Posts: 325
Hi ladies, Have moved over from the wedding planning to baby planning :wv although this is 2nd baby but I had forgotten how uncomfortable pregnancy is (and exciting! :o)ll ) Am 33 weeks and not at all convinced that baby is in the right position, seems to be all over the place! And sometimes when I'm walking I get such a low pressing feeling I want to run to the bathroom and check there isn't a head poking out (tmi sorry) :-8 Anyone else find this? Think baby is trying to turn as I'm getting twisting feelings low down as well. Never had this with my other little fella. Also got 2nd hosp app on wednesday and wondering what happens, this is my first baby in Ireland and it's all a bit different, usually in UK you only have hospital scan and everything else is through doc / mw. What happens at hospital app??? Thanks :o)ll
AmandaMc Posts: 1813
My consultant said that baby can move position anytime up to 36 weeks. I'm 34 now and baby is head down (and has been since week 29) and unlikely to turn but it could happen!! So try not to worry. Even though babs is head down now for a while I often get twisting type movements too and high and low movements. Do you feel kicks high up? The strongest movement I feel is high up (kicks) but I also get lower movement (presume from the hands) so while it can seem like baby is all over the place, he's stayed in the head down position for some time now. If you're getting low pressure sounds like baby could be head down though?? The consultant/GP will be able to confirm this for you on Wed. Re hospital appointments- depends on your hospital, whether your public/private etc. There's big differences between hospitals here- in the public system some scan you once throughout the entire pregnancy, while others scan twice or more. So you may get scanned and pretty sure they'll check your blood pressure, urine etc and all those standard things. They'll be able to confirm position of the baby too! If you get scanned they should be able to estimate weight etc. Also if babs isn't head down yet I'm sure they'll ask you to come back in a few weeks to check again.
AmandaMc Posts: 1813
PS - if you haven't already you should join us on April babies thread! Great to compare every day occurrences with other mums due around our time
confusedmum2012 Posts: 325
I don't even get kicks really just twisting and limbs sticking out! With 1st baby his bum was sticking out just below my ribs so I knew he was head down in a good position - this one's bum is sticking out behind my belly button which just seems wrong to me. I guess I'll wait to see what they say wednesday. I know you only get one scan in 2nd pregnancy which I've had, and my doc checks my BP & urine so I can't imagine what they hospital will do but I'll find out wednesday. :)