baby is breech

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Ducky Posts: 2506
Hi all, Just back from doc, baby went from steadfastly lying sideways to now being breech. Doc seems quite concerned, but I reckon I still have plenty of time for it to move around, don't I? Two little feet and a bum jumping on my bladder is no fun though and kicks are quite sore since babs turned at weekend...
WonderWol Posts: 2927
When my SIL was expecting my nephew was breech but he turned himself .....
MRS NYEB2007 Posts: 3275
My nephew didn't turn but sure but the mam just had a section - no pain better than anything!
fancypants Posts: 453
Hi Ducky - yes I would think you still have time for it to move. My sisters both had upside babies! until quite close up to their term and they moved! As you know I am the same date as you - and at my last midwife appointment they said the baby was head down but she did say it could still move as it would have the room too so I guess that would work in reverse too! Anyway don't worry - you have lots of time and even if it doesn't move it is not the worst thing is it? especially now that they know and have lots of time to work out the best way to do it FP
God yeah, no biggie at all, am sure it will move. Would really prefer not to be sectioned though, just something that freaks me out far more than natural delivery (weird, I know!) Was bopping at Madness concert on Sunday night, that's when it turned... so it's all Suggs' fault!! :o0
Higgs particle Posts: 4557
There is floor excersises you can do to help baby to get the hint and move - haven't a clue what they are - but im sure someone does!
Mrs.slightly bonkers Posts: 3289
Were they able to turn yours?
Mrs.slightly bonkers Posts: 3289
Itisasecret Posts: 389
Ducky, The last time I was at the docs, the abies head was down . You got me thinking as I wasn't sure at what stage they settled into place. Anyway this is what I found so I think you have a bit of time. Oh I also read that getting on all fours to say clean the floor (or whatever else) :-8 can encourage they baby to turn as the rocking motion encourages the head to the plevic floor. Your floors will be sparkling for Christmas! [i:1e3pxsgc]From 34 to 37 weeks. After about 34 weeks your baby will more than likely move into a head down position (however a few babies will still remain in a breech position). [/i:1e3pxsgc] [i:1e3pxsgc]Babies tend to seek the most comfortable position in their mothers' wombs (uteri). If the largest part of the baby is the head, then over time the baby will fidget and maneuver around until the head gravitates to the largest space in the uterus. That most generous space is the lower uterine space. And usually at 32 weeks this position will stick.[/i:1e3pxsgc] [img:1e3pxsgc]http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcarticles.nsf/e2b61f3e2d0b6c634a256b1a001b7c93/adc31d5d73bfc78eca25723300248912/L4RichTextContent/0.5B2A?OpenElement&FieldElemFormat=gif[/img:1e3pxsgc] [img:1e3pxsgc]http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcattach.nsf/Images/Vertex1/$File/Vertex1.jpg[/img:1e3pxsgc]