Baby Massage

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

30thmay2006 Posts: 235
Hi all, Just wondering if anyone has brought their baby to massage classes? how did you find them? i read on the net that they can help if your baby is colicky...anything is worth a try
ginger nut Posts: 5989
sorry i don't know but i'm bumping this up in case someone else knows.
30thmay2006 Posts: 235
thanks ginger nut
theoracle Posts: 7664
I haven't had any lessons with DD, but if they were being offerred now in my area I would go. These were very popular in the UK when I was having DD, and the girls that went were very pleased - also supposed to relax the baby so apparently helping baby settle in the evening for big sleep - worth a try IMO.
wombats Posts: 665
I know of a few people who do them in Cork, where are you based? It's supposed to be really good for colicky babies so might be worth looking into.
BabyBonding Posts: 3
I know this is an old topic but has a list of all qualified instructors around the country on their website so you can just look in your area for names and contact details of people in your area. As a baby massage teacher myself and mother of a ten month old I highly recommend classes. HTH
Gingham Posts: 3014
my sister did this one and highly recommended it...
MINI DONKEY Posts: 2499
DH do u know how much they were?
Gingham Posts: 3014
[quote="MINI DONKEY"]DH do u know how much they were?[/quote I think it was about 125 euro for a 4 week course....but i do know my sister claimed back the majority of it through her VHI.. I just took this from the website: [i:2nt5p4jk]You can claim up to €100 back on the cost of the class from Vhi, Quinn and Hibernian Aviva Health. Vhi Healthcare will pay €100 per child for infant massage classes carried out by members of the International Association of Infant Massage in the year of the birth (available on the Family Plan and Family Plan Plus). Quinn Healthcare (BUPA) will pay €100 per child for infant massage classes carried out by members of the International Association of Infant Massage three months after the birth of your child (available on the Health Manager scheme). Hibernian Aviva Health will pay €30 for each of 3 visits per year (day-to-day plan) and you can get 50% of the cost back up to €25 for each of 8 visits per year on the day-to-day 50 plan. Cost: The cost is €125 for a 4-week course - oils and handouts, plus tea/coffee & snacks included. [/i:2nt5p4jk]
MINI DONKEY Posts: 2499
Thankd DH, must look into it after xmas....