Baby monitor..Angelcare video and sound with sensor mat

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ohholymoley Posts: 2150
Hi Ladies I hope you dont mind me posting this question in OT, but we are researching baby monitors at the moment and are swaying towards the Angelcare AC1100 video with movement and sound monitor. Does anyone have this, or any feedback on it ?Greatly appreciate your advice as its a minefield!!! :thnk
mammy2011 Posts: 1388
Use Mum&Kids or Pregnancy&Babies, you will get more answers.Off Topic isn't for these kind of queries.
Sorry, I just thought there maybe more traffic here !! :thnk
Poppyseed Posts: 513
[quote="mammy2011":fzuo1ndp]Off Topic isn't for these kind of queries.[/quote:fzuo1ndp] Really? I've seen baby and children-related queries posted in OT before when P&B and M&K is quiet.
RainbowNinja Posts: 4437
We have bought the angelcare monitor without the video, just with the sensor mat. Haven't used it yet! But we were advised by a few mammys not to get a video monitor as you can spend hours looking at the video, whereas if its just sound you are more likely to go about what you need to do. Obviously I can't speak from experience but just what I've been advised
Bigsurprise Posts: 961
We just have the angelcare mat without video. I would say video is not necessary but I suppose that's personal preference
Hbombadero Posts: 1960
[quote="Poppyseed":3n3kqnef][quote="mammy2011":3n3kqnef]Off Topic isn't for these kind of queries.[/quote:3n3kqnef] Really? I've seen baby and children-related queries posted in OT before when P&B and M&K is quiet.[/quote:3n3kqnef] +1 My friend has the angelcare (but no video) and she says the mat gave her peace of mind when she moved the baby in her own room but the mat is not as useful as baby gets more mobile apparently and false alarms can be heart attack inducing! She got hers on d o n e deal for half price, think they are pricey otherwise.
Mari yay Posts: 4045
I've the Angelcare with the sensor mat, only reason I bought it was because I had a €50 voucher and it was reduced to €100 from €120 in Mothercare so I got it for €50 instead of €120. Took mat away after false alarms, when sensor mat beeped and myself and my husband both went flying into dd's room and all was fine. No problems since taking the mat away.
Thank you so much for all your replies!! Great food for thought there .
Wheeler dealer Posts: 38
Mari yay, (or other mums) what age was your dd when you removed the sensor mat? Our dd turned one recently and last night the alarm went off three times due to her moving around the cot. I'm so tempted to remove the mat but still find it reassuring iykwim. Sorry for hijacking thread by the way!