Baby monitors?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

surfergal Posts: 82
Can anybody recommend a good baby monitor? Thanks in advance............
BrideStuff.com Posts: 229
We just got the BT 150 as it seems to have lots of great features...plays lullabies, has a night light, parent talkback, long distance pick-up range. We got it off Amazon to save a few quid but Argos does it for about 97euro.We paid 90 anyway, so...
Martiespride Posts: 997
we re getting the angel care one. my friend has it and says its fantastic!
mrssunflower Posts: 3651
I have the angel care monitior. A friend bought it for me and it is honestly the best thing we have for babs. The monitor will give you the room temp, and will monitor any movement so you don't need to wake in the night to check that your LO is still breathing. Might sound silly but for the first night at home I sat awake watching her in case anything happened!! It also has a night light and DD wakes up and stares at it, it keeps her occupied and sends her back to sleep.
fifteensept Posts: 565
I was also looking at the Angel Care monitior and was 100% going to purchase this one but a couple of people put us off it, would love too know more about what ye think....they saying it was too sensitive and any movement the baby make at all will come through the monitior from the pad under there sheet and said I would become paronid waiting and watchin it the whole time.
I don't find this at all. There are 5 settings on the monitor and I've mine at the least sensitive. It'll only beep if I lift her out of the basket. I also turned the beep for the movement off so its not constantly beeping and I turn the sound down when I'm downstairs as if she moves it'll come on and I can hear the slumber bear kick in.
Mrs Sunflowers...thanks for letting me know this they must have had it at high settings all the time. I see you have a Slumber Bear also how do you find this was thinking of getting one also
Its great too, she settles herself to sleep and sleeps through the night so I have to give some credit to the slumber bear for this. She puked all over it one day so the music setting is a little flat :-8 but the wave sound is great, it puts me to sleep too
Mrs Sunflowers....yeah its all been good reports so I think I hvae my mind make up on these thanks