baby movements???

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

wedjul05 Posts: 5673
my tummy feels....weird. Feels like I have bubbles in my tummy, well it's feels like there is like butterflies or something. It's coming and going. Could this be the babs moving??? Don't know if I'm imagining things, I thought at this stage you could only feel movement when lying down?
Rocky Posts: 465
Yep thats it for sure. Will get stronger as time goes on and then you'll feel kicks rather than flutters. Happens at different weeks for everybody. All good news, congrats Rocky :wv
sunnyside Posts: 3164
I'm starting to get these too wedjul05 but only occassionally through the day. Yesterday I didn't notice it at all until about 7pm but I had a really busy day so I'm wondering if that was why I didn't feel much. Do you know if these are the type of movements you have to keep a count of or do you wait until they are proper kicks.
Rocky Posts: 465
No as far i as i know it is too early to start counting. Once you just notice some everyday or night, i think you are fine. baby is still very small so it has loads of room to move about without us noticing
hey sunnyside, I think I read somewhere that you only need to starting counting at 30 wks or so. I'm not sure if I'm imagining things TBH!!!! Wish I had gotten a doppler just to hear the heartbeat, I'm starting to get paranoid about scan on 03 Jun.
sunnyside Posts: 3164
I'm the same WedJul05. I'm trying not to think too far ahead until I get through the 20 week scan next week. People have been asking me about names, my plans for going back to work etc and I just say that I want to wait until the big scan before making any plans. I'm sure we'll be ok but don't want to get carried away either. the movements are lovely though (if that's what we are feeling). I'm so tempted to poke my tummy to feel it more often but that wouldn't be fair on poor baby :o0
mammybean Posts: 10364
Also girls at this stage when you first start to feel the movement dont panic if you dont feel it all of the time. You could go a few days without feeling it as the baby still has so much room in there! Thats grat you are starting to feel it, its so special!
if it is movement that I am feeling, it is exciting. I might be just hungry though and it's actually my tummy rumbling! Not sure, I've been having them since I had my brekkie in work at 8am though. I'm waiting to get the big scan out of the way and then I am so going to treat myself/babs to the 1st outfit! I am dying to buy something so I reckon if all goes ok on 03 Jun then I'm going to buy something cute. Feeling movement makes it so real. Some part of me still thinks that my tummy is just getting a bit fat! Me pregnant, no????? yes it's still sinking in.
alton Posts: 3077
Why do you have to count the movements ???
whackywoman Posts: 1496
[quote="alton":1cjq2cj1]Why do you have to count the movements ???[/quote:1cjq2cj1] Its more towards the end of pregnancy when baby has very little room just to make sure that everything is okay and that they are alright in there. The butterflies sound like the way my movements were at the beginning, off course now it is constant kicks, punches, pokes and braxton hicks and I long for the butterflies back >:o) >:o) >:o)