Menu

Baby Name - Imogen

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MrsAmy Posts: 983
What does everyone think of the name Imogen?? The more I think about it, the more I like it!! Thinking it could be heading to the top of my list! I love names that are a little bit different and not typically "popular"... this is feeling more and more like a winner for me! Just looking for some others opinions!
Moodles Posts: 547
My DD is Imogen and I often get people saying it's a lovely name, but I do sometimes get funny looks. I love the name, picked it years ago. We call her Immy for short.
Moodles Posts: 547
If you live in D6w PM me what school you're DD will be going to and if it's the same one as my DD you may cross it off your list :o0 :o0 she is to be the only Imogen in school :o)ll There'll probably be 5 of them now that i've said that :o0
Haha, I moved from Terenure a year ago to the country (sighs!!) But we may have crossed paths otherwise!!! :-D glad others like it!!!
wowza Posts: 556
It's not one I would ever have come with myself, but now that I hear it I really like it!
Immy is sooo cute!
Sassypants Posts: 4461
Love it. Bit different but not different enough to give her hassle when she grows up?
LadyLizzie Posts: 1724
Have to say I like the name Imogen, it's a pretty name. A friend recently had a baby & named her Juliette, which I thought was lovely too. They're not obvious / Top 10 sort of names, which I like.
Silini2 Posts: 3834
It's lovely. Sounds really English to me and brings up images of books I read as a child for some reason. It's nice and unusual! I doubt there will be another in her class! V pretty.
CocoBeans Posts: 841
It's a really beautiful name! I've always liked it