Baby needs further test.... - Page 2

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Diamondz Posts: 2208
Good luck with the scan today Mrs D.. :wv Let us knwo how you get on.. :wv
Mrs..D Posts: 1741
Spoke to the secretary and they are defo scanning me tomor but they are waiting to see if the cardiologist from Crumlin childrens hosp can review the septum with the professor. I'm up the walls now, why do they need her as well?? That isn't standard is it??
funkyfish Posts: 7626
you poor thing i hope it all works out for you chicken! :action32
sunsparks Posts: 2196
Mrs D - can't offer advice, but just to say I'm hoping everything goes well. I'd imagine (but could be wrong) that it's normal for a paediatric cardiologist to review...
Diddums Posts: 204
Mrs. D - I would say they are taking a better safe than sorry approach in getting the scan and the cardiologist on board. For what it's worth, my DH has had a hole in his heart since birth and has never had any issues with it since babyhood - if anything, he's fitter and healthier than I've ever been and has played sport at a competitive level for years. Hope you get good news tomorrow though.
Mrs..D Posts: 1741
So latest update is that they rang me back to say the cardiologist from crumlin and the prof want to review it and see us together - but due to the profs holidays I have to wait 2 weeks. I am tearing my hair out with frustration. I just want to know what exactly is wrong and what is happening, now I have 2 weeks of sleepless nights and worrying. I know there are so many positive stories out there and thanks so much to everyone for the replies but until i know whats happening now I cant relax.... :o(
hipbaby Posts: 4530
You poor thing, i dont have any advice as i have no personal experience but look at it this way if it was extremely serious surely to God they would bring you in immediately?? I have to be honest if it was me I would be ringing them on Tuesday and saying this stress is not good for me or my baby I want to know what is going on now...maybe ask to see your obs locum?? Really hope you get an answer soon
bam bam Posts: 1756
Hey honey, sorry only getting on now and just wanted to see how you were doing? God two weeks is so long to wait, i'd ring them too to see if they could make it earlier otherwise I can only imagine how stressed you'll be in two weeks time. Thinking of ya hun.
Diamondz Posts: 2208
2 weeks is a ridiculous amount of time to wait and worry over this. :eek I would also ring tomorrow and request to see someone who can give you more information!! Sorry I can't offer any words of advice.. Hope you get some peace of mind soon :action32
zoey Posts: 1574
You poor pet. I can only imagine how stressful and worrying this must be for you and your dh. I have to agree with Hipbaby - would you try giving them a ring today and explaining how worried you are and you would really like to know what's going on? I think she also made a good point about if the doctors were seriously concerned about your little baby they wouldn't leave you waiting around for two full weeks. I know from personal experience that if doctors have news to break to you, good or bad, they don't beat around the bush. Good luck Mrs.D. I hope it all turns out to be fine for your baby. Zoey :lvs