Baby passing wind???

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Duncelt Posts: 460
Ok not sure how to explain this but i'm 36 weeks pregnant and i've been having what i can describe as noisy, gurgling sensations at the top left of my bump - how the head is down below so the bum is at the top of the bump - It can be felt by hand when its happening and its also noisy - could it be baby passing wind and maybe bubbles forming due to the amniotic fluid or am I way out there with this suggestion - help??
Finished here Posts: 2860
Oh my god - the exact same thing happened to me last night and even hubby could feel it :eek and it was in the exact place you describe it felt really strange and i felt like my tummy was nearly moving or flipping or something, it went after a while but i thought it might have been an air pocket created by babies movement and my own body - after all they do squish and sit on different organs ... but maybe i am off the wall, also my baby is only 25 weeks old so i don't know if his bum is that side up yet ???? Sorry i wasn't much help but just wanted you to know your not alone !
That's a bit of a relief cos i've asked a few in work who have children and no-one seemed to know what I was talking about - also its come to my attention that the baby is not breathing air in there so I dont think it could be wind now but am DYING to know what it is!!!!
Finished here Posts: 2860
[quote="Duncelt":2wck0xc1]That's a bit of a relief cos i've asked a few in work who have children and no-one seemed to know what I was talking about - also its come to my attention that the baby is not breathing air in there so I dont think it could be wind now but am DYING to know what it is!!!![/quote:2wck0xc1] Ha ha yeah true baby isn't breathing air, could it be thou if s/he had hiccups or were just kicking about but didn't kick anything so you couldn't actually feel the kicks ????
hipbaby Posts: 4530
Sounds like hiccups!!! When I was pg on DD I was so worried as i kept seeing bumps and lumps popping up all over the place and thought I was carrying an alien, i was so worried as it was all over the place. Gave the doc the best laugh ever and he put the doppler on and you could here it hiccupping it was mad!!! Apparently its the sign of a very healthy baby!! www.hipbaby.ie
I just can't see it being hiccups becuase of where its happending - i.e. top left - baby's head is engaged so its the other end. Going to ask at my apt on Tue and pray he doesn't laugh :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
madhatter01 Posts: 495
Hiya I have had this twice this week and it is the strangest thing ever. Like lots of gurgling and swishing noises. I thought it was my tummy rumnbling at 1st as it was early morning but no i still had it after brekkie. Its not hiccups as I know what that feels lke already, im also gona ask doc on Mondays apt see if he has any ideas! So bizarre!!! :o0