Baby presesnts

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Shrub Posts: 956
:wv Guys, what could you get close friends that have just had a baby? Woudl like to get them something other than clothes, going to see them this weekend so time is short, Thanks y'all :thnk
curliwurli Posts: 3369
i remember reading similar thread in P&B - they suggested a "hamper" with baby wipes, baby lotion, cotton wool, bibs etc - useful things so new mum doesn't have to go to shop for ages.
sunflowers26/09/07 Posts: 512
Maybe ask her if there is anything she needs. My friend did me up a lovely hamper, it had lots of basic bits, plus some nice wine for DH and myself. I would maybe think of buying something for her, babies get some much stuff that it would be nice for her to have something for herself. Mums kinda get forgotton when the baby arrives.
Nolongerwollie Posts: 2181
[quote="Sunflowers":1d3tltxn]Maybe ask her if there is anything she needs. My friend did me up a lovely hamper, it had lots of basic bits, plus some nice wine for DH and myself. [b:1d3tltxn]I would maybe think of buying something for her, babies get some much stuff that it would be nice for her to have something for herself. Mums kinda get forgotton when the baby arrives[/b:1d3tltxn].[/quote:1d3tltxn] I was just about to say the same thing! Maybe get her some perfume or a nice body lotion or maybe a voucher for a facial or massage?
mrs aug 07 Posts: 817
I would get something for her aswell babies always get loads and she is the one who did all the work! Maybe a facial or massage or something that will get her out of the house for a break for a little while!
mad woman Posts: 22106
vhi do a baby hamper/new mother one. my SIL is due her baby in a few weeks and I've been "building up" her pressie for months, buying something each week, e.g wipes sudocream dribblers, stuff for her etc to put in a big hamper.
sunflowers26/09/07 Posts: 512
I did that for my sister, picked up something every week. By the time my niece was born I had a huge basket of stuff for her. For the first couple of months she didnt have a buy a thing expect nappies. She did the same for me and it was great to get all the stuff.
judibaby Posts: 2085
On the travel cot subject, I just saw a very good portable one in Supervalu, ideal for weekends away for €30, a small fold up one- i picked one up for my friend she said it was very handy. I got a casting Kit for my FSIL when she had her baby got it in mother care and they were able to cast the baby's feet in plaster themselves. I also bought her Seavite bath oils and powders, as she isn't one for massage and that, but she loves a bath and a glass of wine
strawberry shortcake Posts: 9094
i made a hamper for SIL2B as well picked up loads of lovely baby stuff like winnie the pooh bottle and all she was delighted
Senorita Posts: 3413
Newbridge do some lovely silver gifts for new born babys like little boxes for "my first tooth" "my first curl", silver brush and hand mirror set, which you could get engraved. They also have a gorgeous silver jewellery box. So cute O:o)