baby's measurements at 12 week scan?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Poppit Posts: 2042
Ok I am starting to fret now that I have a seriously large baby in there. Had first scan yesterday and Babs looks perfectly formed. Legs looked really long. Doc commented that babs is very long. So I was thinking Basketball player or supermodel :o0 I saw doc measuring from head to bum. On My scan pic, it says 14cm, is this length of babs? I am only 12 weeks and this would seem normal for 17weeks. :eek Can any of ye tell me what your babs measured at 12 weeks please? Poppit xxx
little mrs sunshine Posts: 5523
14cm is not the length of baby that is just window length used or something like that on scan. You should of been given a due date, 12 week scan is most accurate and this date won't change.
Blackbird Posts: 5135
Hi Popopit, glad to hear the scan went well. Somewhere on the scan pic it should have CRL (crown - rump length) and a measurement beside it. I can't remember exactly but mine was 5cm or so at just over 12 weeks. I can't wait for my next scan to see the baby again. :lvs I've another 4 and a half weeks to wait, it seems like forever at the moment!
Poppit Posts: 2042
Thanks girls, was starting to fret. The only other numbers on the pic are 66, so maybe babs is 6.6cm, which makes more sense. Blacbird, good luck at your next scan. I dont get another one now until I am 30 weeks :eek Would love to get a 3d scan so might get a private one done.