Baby's weight at 31 weeks

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

little mrs sunshine Posts: 5523
Girls had scan today and baby is big is what we were told. In total I have puto n 8lbs so far so it's not from overeating that baby is big. Anyway he said babs is 2kg which is 4.4lbs. I am a little freaked out that I am going to have to deliver a 10lb+ baby.
Dairy Queen Posts: 3707
I think it varies though. At my 26 week scan the baby weighed 3lb and they told me it was fine some babies are just bigger than others. I have put on a stone so far though :-8 I'm just convincing myself that it is a really good and healthy sign!!!!
twinssep Posts: 1242
hi lms at my 35 wk scan sarah wa 5lb and she was 7lb 7 born they sAY THat babies put on about half lb a week from 36 wks
charli Posts: 5994
hiya i posted on this after my 31 week scan (36 now) i too was freaked out when told that my babs was 4.8lbs, my little girl was only 3.7lbs at the same stage and was just 7lb born so i thought an extra lb was a lot i asked should i be concerned, and was thinking about gestational diabetes etc but they said no it was just a case of having a bigger than average baby - average being about 7.7lbs - Dr said i will probably have a 8 - 8.5lber so thats fine with me also they say 2nd babies are bigger anyway at the time i had only put on about 18lbs i think and that wasnt alot (though compared to you it is!!) and at the mo i have only 22lbs on so really have not gained too much weight so take heart its nothing at all to worry about - you are harvesting a fine, healthy baby!!
dovedro Posts: 1295
Hi LMS I'm just over 32 weeks so not much more than you and my baby is 4.5 pounds, i've been told it should be about 7 pounds on delivery so not a big baby. I think these weights are very much a guesstimate and I know from friends who have been told they are having big babies and it wasn't big at all so I wouldn't worry too much about it. As long as the baby and you are doing good thats the main thing :thnk
jellybaby Posts: 2316
Take no notice of what they tell you!! My baby was supposed to be teeny and she was 9lbs. My sister was told at 38 weeks that her baby was already 8lbs, she went the full two weeks overdue before being induced, so at that stage, her baby should have been 10lbs, but was 7lbs 7oz! They're just estimates so don't panic. And regardless of baby's weight, don't worry, your body will manage it. HTH
love struck Posts: 1125
little mrs sunshine My sister gave birth to her suprise at 32 weeks and her little bundle of joy was 1ounce under 6lbs... So a fairly big baby, on his real due date she had him weighted and he was 10 and a half Ibs which they reckon would have been his approx weight if he was born full term.. However when she was in the hospital the week before giving birth they told her the baby was just an average size (You should have seen her she was massive) nut they got it very wrong.. They are only estimating the weight they dont always get it right.