Baby shopping in the USA!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mama2b! Posts: 131
Does anybody know of some great baby stuff you could get while in the US? I'm in New York in another few weeks so i'd like to get the chance to visit some baby/maternity stores to pick up a few handy items that i may not get here or that might be very expensive in ireland!! O-O
honeybunch Posts: 1218
Stroller?
HoneyBee1973 Posts: 795
There is a store called Mimi Maternity that do fantastic jeans and stretch cords. I bought a few pairs and I am still wearing them 4 weeks after giving birth (belly is still jelly-ish!). Pottery Barn Kids have gorgeous stuff for babys room. I got a "Boppy Pillow" that I use to prop up baby while I feed. It comes with a lovely velour cover.
mammy08 Posts: 7
If you are going to woodbury common or i think there is one in macy's its called Carters, they do the most beautiful baby blankets they are fleece ones and ever so soft. Also on times square there is a toys r us downstairs there is a babies r us. Its lovely there. Happy shopping I wish it was me going
justwaitin Posts: 2462
i bought lots of tops from gap very cheep but great quality.hth
Maybump Posts: 527
I went to toys r us at times square. If you've time and plan to go Woodbury common is where I did most of the damage!! Carter kids clothes do stuff like Adams here but a lot more. All the other designer shops too for kids clothes. Also Macy's have lovely baby section and don't forget your visitors pass from customer service counter to get extra discounts.
frangipani Posts: 1543
a friend of mine told me that some American babygros come with zip fasteners and are supposed to be very handy. i've searched for some online but couldn't see any. you'd definitely get them over there though!