Baby Shopping up North?? Recommendations??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

vanilla icecream Posts: 2125
Hi gurs, I am heading to Babies r Us in Sprucefield and then Newry on Thursday to start getting a few bits and was wondering is there anywhere else you would recommend while I am up there to visit?? thanks
milis Posts: 7998
If you are going up for big things I would recommend ringing them first to check that they have what you want in stock! It'd be a long journey to have to take twice. I don't think there are any other baby shops in Sprucefield.
Terrier Posts: 283
Vanilla icecream please post and let me know how you get on. I'm planning to go to the north at the end of October to buy buggy etc..
hoodieboodie Posts: 1200
Yeah definitely ring ahead for Babies R Us in Sprucefield. Despite the size of it, they had really poor stock of the bigger items in that branch when I was there last week. The Sainsburys in Sprucefield is good for small bits and pieces and then there is Next too for clothes. Happy Shopping :wv
naughtybutnice Posts: 1858
think the next in sprucefield is only home and not clothes.
gemini chica Posts: 2581
I ordered loads from Boots.com for delivery to Boots in Sprucefield and then picked it all up so as I knew it was in stock as it was the best price for nappies, found Sainsbury's in Sprucefield good for the smaller bits and bobs, found it way better than Newry!
Diamondz Posts: 2208
Girls Sainsbury's in Sprucefield is also a bit cheaper than Newry for some things!! Next in Sprucefield is also only home stuff - no clothes. M&S in Sprucefield also stock baby clothes, but I haven't checked them out to be honest... There is also a Smyths toys in Newry ( I hear they have a sale on at the min) - just off the main roundabout at the end of the bypass on the way towards Belfast... and Bumps and Babies in Newry have really competitive prices on their prams etc - my pram was same price here as on kiddiecare.com - although you will likely have to order it... Happy Shopping :wv
vanilla icecream Posts: 2125
thanks for all your replies girls. I am going to head to babies r us in sprucefield and sainsburys and then back to newry. Dose anyone know is Sprucefield far past Newry and also is there a babies r us in newry or just sprucefield?? thanks
Diamondz Posts: 2208
Vanilla - Sprucefield is about 30 mins from Newry by car and there is only a Babies r us at Sprucefield as far as I know.....