Baby shops in Dublin

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Daff Posts: 11644
Hi Girls, Going to start getting stuff for the nursery and can't think of anywhere to go for baby shopping, any recommendations?! I'll try Ikea in a few weeks when the rush has died down, but looking for places that will have a nice selection of cots, bouncers, bedding, curtains etc. Everywhere seems to have such a poor selection. Can they not just have one big store that has everything in it? :wv
NewMom1 Posts: 1252
DB mamas and papas in blanch is really good although some of the stuff is expensive they have brought prices down in recent weeks. TK Maxx in same retail park is not bad either. Mothercare is pretty good and has everything but selection is not great. I think websites like kiddicare.com or the ebay shop online4baby are great when you know what you are looking for hth
starlite Posts: 36
Guineys is really good and cheap for bedding, blankets and babygros
thanks for your replies girls. I'll definately check them out. Think it's just oging to be a case of hitting the road and seeing what's out there - I'm just so lazy! :-8
Princess_Jess Posts: 445
guineys is great for the cellular blankets. i got small ones for 4.99 and large ones for 9.99. i got cream and white. they are lovely. i also got flat sheets 3 for €5.
Thye're great prices, do you mind me asking where Guineys is?
Princess_Jess Posts: 445
i think its north earl street x
hoodieboodie Posts: 1200
Yep Guineys is in North Earl St and Talbot St. You can order online too. Agree with the others that Blanch is probably the best place to go in Dublin as there is Mothercare, Mamas & Papas, Smyths and Mothercare all in the one area. Happy Shopping :wv
MonkeySocks Posts: 1185
hey hoodieboodie Do you know what website you order off of for Guineys? I looked at what I thought was their site but there was nothing there about ordering? Or is pregnancy brain kicking in again and I can't see it for looking..... :o)ll
hoodieboodie Posts: 1200
Hi Bubblybride2B, Hope you're well. Try this link below: http://store.michaelguiney.com/store/?action=refresh I tried it out just now to make sure that it was working and got to the checkout page so it seems to be in order http://store.michaelguiney.com/store/store.asp Happy Shopping :wv