baby shower ideas..please help!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

nelswife Posts: 3869
Hey wollies i need your help.. i am arranging a suprise baby shower for my friend who is due her baby in July. This will be her 3rd baby so its just something small and intimate we are arranging, lunch etc, but looking for something different to do as well as the usual games etc.., like a pamper afternoon?..manicures, pedicures, etc..something like that?..Does anyone have any suggestions please??? Thanks in advance! :thnk
Penny Hill Posts: 1898
some ideas here. The pamper idea sounds good. You could buy face masks and little pamper treats, and some non alcoholic bubbles :) A cupcake decorating competition?
excitedjuly12 Posts: 1722
I was at a baby shower recently and we guessed the mammy to bes tummy size. It was great fun. We compared the results and picked the winner which was closest to the size.
Lizzie02 Posts: 2624
There are some ideas here: I organised a shower last year and we did 'Baby Prediction' where we filled out our prediction for the birth, I also asked everyone to bring a picture of themselves as a baby and we did guess the baby (the winner won a tea towel or something silly like that), we did guess the baby food by disguising jars of food and the winner got a pair of marigold gloves and we had non-alcoholic champagne and used the ice-cubes with little babies in them and the first person whose ice cube melted and floated to the top of the glass had to shout 'My waters have broken'. The whole thing didn't take much organising and we had good fun. HTH