Baby very quiet...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

oirish Posts: 1541
I suppose it's to be expected at this stage but the last 3 days ive noticed a definte slowing down of movement. I spent 2 hours this morning awake prodding the bump and drinking cold water to no effect. Got into car to leave the hotel we were in and going to drop into hospital (rang for advice) and of course he starts kicking. That was at 10.30 and he's been quiet again ever since. I feel rotten today maybe he's just going easy on me ?? anyone else at this stage experiencing very little movements ?? oh, and been having BH all day yesterday adn this morning but thats nothing unusual for me.
sinion Posts: 6050
i've no idea sweetheart, have you rang the hospital back to say he's gone quiet again? I know that they are meant to slow down a lot right at the end as there's just no room, but if you're concerned then ring the hospital again and maybe go in just for a quick check-up, no harm to ease your mind. xx
cheer bear bride Posts: 3731
sorry no advice either as you can see from my ticket im no where near your stage...hope he starts moving real soon for you :thnk
lambnose Posts: 915
I've been experiencing this as well over the last week. It can be scary but I guess we have to put up with it. The first time it happened last Wednesday I was so scared. Babs did not move all night and in the morning I still felt no movement. I was crying to DH and I rang the midwife only to get her answerphone. >:o( Baby started moving around after a few hours but it was awful. I've had it again since but I am a little bit more relaxed about it now. I find lying in a certain position on the sofa always gets babs moving and chocolate helps as well as the ole favourite of icy cold water. My babs seems to be quiet during the day and he/she seems to wake up at 10 every night and is then up for the night bouncing away. Try not to worry! I know it is difficult not to. I keep thinking of Maria in Corrie as well which does not help things! Not long to go now for both of us. O-O
Delish Posts: 4176
Oirish I would go and get it checked, probably nothing but no harm checking. My movement slowed in last few weeks as well and I was putting it down to normal progression of the pregnancy, it turns out it was partially due to my amniotic fluid levels falling, and baby had even less space to swim around in, so it's always better to check to make sure all is fine. As you have had movent you can be pretty certain baby is healthy but no harm checking. I'll be a total worry wort when I'm pregnant again
oirish Posts: 1541
hi girls well I spent a few hours in bed and got up and had the ultimate "get the baby moving test" - a bowl of crunchy nut cornflakes with really cold milk and i'm being throttled here !! so, feeling a bit calmer !! thanks for the advice though :)
mrscat Posts: 1082
Glad to hear you got the move on him, it's hard not to worry isn't it? I have loads of fluid cons says so I haven't really noticed any slow down. A glass of Ballygowan always works for me.
missc Posts: 875
the same thing happened to me in the last couple of weeks and a lot of the other mums2b in my thread experienced this too so dont worry, think its perfectly normal. Good luck over next few weeks :o)ll