Baby Video Monitors in LIDL

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Woodstock Posts: 1565
girls I was in lidl last night picking some groceries and saw that they sell Baby Video Monitors for 89.99 ! I didn't buy them but just to let you know! I wonder if they're any good...
just a quick update on this.. i told hubby yesterday about the video monitor and he said he'd call over to lidl to take a look to see if they're any good. He thought it was fine and bought the monitor! We've been trying it at home last night and it's grand! It has 4 channels, the display is quite big and the quality is very good. You can adjust the brightness of the screen (it's in color) and sensitivity of the sound (so to pick up breathing, or coughing or crying or roaring etc!) It has a night light (infrared) so even when the room is pitch black you still see the image (in black and white). It comes with batteries and chargers (it takes rechargeable batteries) and it even has a scart to connect to the tv! It's not the most fashionable looking monitor now.. but seems to tick all the boxes. There was a little interference when we moved it around but as soon as you held it still it settled (me holding the video in the baby's room and hubby out in the garden) and that was with radio and wireless broadband on. Also comes with 3 yrs warranty. Fingers crossed turns out to be a good buy as opposed to just false economy! We've seen the monitors for about £150 up north and this was 89.99 I guess we'll find out in 5 months if it's good or not!
Duncelt Posts: 460
I can't see them on their website - had a nosy on Ebay - thought it was worth a look
oh wow that's very cheap! Seems to have the same features as ours. Though I think our display is a little big bigger, eBay one is 1.8'', i think ours is 2.5'' (but could be wrong, must double check when i go home..) Couldn't see it on lidl website either, not sure why they're not advertised, perhaps they were on sale last week?? I think they're made by a belgian company..
redwifey Posts: 2932
Yeah I think they were on sale last week or the week before Woodstock. Remember seeing them anyway.
found it! This is it: [img:2qp48tv5]http://www.lidl.ie/C1256C790050C7BC/images/IE.08_23888/$file/08_23888_s.gif[/img:2qp48tv5] and there's a description here: