Babygros

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lovethesite Posts: 1054
Hi Girls Just wondering how many babygros I should buy before baby arrives and what size? We know what we're having :-) it's a surprise so would like to get some pink/blue ones too. Should I get newborn or 0-3 and how many of each size. Thanks girls, xx
Dollydo Posts: 759
From my own experience I bought about 10 newborns and the same 0-3, ds arrived and needed tiny baby stuff for about 3 weeks so we'd to go out and buy them. Then what seemed like every gift he got was 0-3 so he had a load of stuff he never even got to wear that I've kept up. So id probably get maybe 3 packs of 3 for newborn and 2 for 0-3. Can't help with the colour, we were strictly creams, greens and yellows til we knew
bobby2012 Posts: 644
Some would say otherwise, but I would not get newborn at all. I would start off with 0-3. As for how many, it'll depend on how often you intend to change and how often you do a wash. We do a wash every day/second day so although we got quite a few, we ended up using about a handful if at all. I'd say you might go through 2-3 a day at the start, depending on how dirty the baby gets. I'm sure you'll get other answers from other people, but we mostly used the onesies as nightwear. Only put them in them during the day in the first month or two.
noc Posts: 1802
We got by just fine with about 8 babygros in the 0-3 month size. We didn't need any more than this. We also got a few presents of outfits in this size which he wore for visiting etc. if we were in the mood to dress him up. Unless your baby is quite small you won't get much wear out of newborn size IMO and if your baby is big you won't get any wear out of them at all. We put on a wash of baby things about every couple of days in the beginning but our baby was pretty clean. He didn't spit up that much, and his nappies only leaked about 3 times in his first 3 months (we used Pampers New Baby nappies - make sure you get ones that are big enough and also that you put them on well - tight enough around the waist and make sure the frills are out at the legs). Babies don't really get that dirty unless they're having a lot of 'accidents'. I thought we would need more babygros than this but I'm glad I didn't get more now as it would have been a waste of money. I'd say get no more than 8 and see how you go before getting anymore in the 0-3 month size.
marles Posts: 1397
We used the 'up to 1 month' baby Gros from next. Found them great at the start. We only bought a few as ds was out of them fairly quickly but I preferred to have something that fitted him at the very start. Also I've found the next sizes to be pretty good.
CherylC Posts: 1071
M&s have a good up to one month range too for up to 10lbs. I'd say you do need some small ones, as the 0-3 month ones go up to 14lbs so twice the size of an average newborn! My ds was 9lbs and they were too big. I was a bit confused as to whether you do or don't know the sex - if not I'd only buy a few because once they are born you'll want mainly blue or pink! Good luck.