Babys heatbeat and sex of baby ?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

fxfor3 Posts: 2347
On my dd i kept a note of babs heartbeat it was always above 140 even when she was asleep. I had read somewhere that you can tell sex of baby by heartbeat if its under 140 its a boy and above 140 its a girl. My friend was preg exact same time as me and her babs heartbeat was always below 130 and she had a boy. So just wondering if any of you had noticed this on your last baby and if it worked out to the above theory, i am going to keep a note this time to see if im right .
Milis in disguise Posts: 727
I've read that too! Don't know if it's right though.
spanish mum Posts: 2468
mine has always been over 140 and its a boy, so that throws that theory!! :o0
ahh spanish bump you have ruined my buzz :o0 But i guess it is not 100 % accurate though. Im still going to do it this time and see what happens. :o)ll
hipbaby Posts: 4530
When I was brought into be induced there was another girl with me and we had monitors on and my babs heartbeat was under 140, hers was over and she was telling me I was defo going to have a boy and she a girl and it was the other way around!!!! www.hipbaby.ie
doolittle Posts: 910
My babs heartbeat is round 144 ....and Im def having a boy! Sorry, theory goes out the window!!!
Glittergal Posts: 1504
Sorry I'm another one to blow that theory away. I was told at my 17 week scan it was definately a girl. However a doctor told me a few weeks ago it was a boy and have had loads of scans since and sonographer told me def a boy even showed us his little boy bits so no mistake. I've been on the monitor all week and always his heartbeat is ranging from 145-160. Very rarely goes under and if it does its only for a few secs.
Woodstock Posts: 1565
I asked my doctor about it and she said it's an old wives' tale
Well looks like thats out the window it must have been lucky coincidence last time :o0