Menu

Back Ache

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

round two Posts: 1018
Hi Girls, Any advice for serious back ache. I have been getting these dull pains for the past week in my back but it ia really starting to hurt now. I am tall and very narrow on top and my gynae has already told me to expect back pain cause I am long and the baby is also very long. Just want a nice relaxing massage for the whole area.
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
I dont think you can get massages,have you tried those heat straps?
Me Julia Posts: 1352
oh you can get massages........special ones that are for pregnant ladies. Its what i spend my time teaching!! Tell me where you live and i can recommend a salon. I am getting loads of phone calls today on the products i work with as they have been in the paper over the weekend.
round two Posts: 1018
Oh me Julia, You are a life saver. I live in the midlands (athlone) I have been talking to the spa at the hodson bay and they are reluctant to touch my lower back where I am really really sore. Thinking of getting my work to buy me a new chair (can you reccommend) and also looking into acupuncture.... will this help ? Thanks you are a star :thnk
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
Oops sorry thought I read massages were not allowed :-8
Me Julia Posts: 1352
Hi there Ok i have checked my list..........there is Temple Spa, Horseleap, Moate that is the closet to you. They offer pregnancy treatments, the freeloader back massage would be good for you, you could even combine it with a free your mind head and neck treatment. All the products are safe for pregnancy as they are based on essential fatty acids to enable the skin to stretch. Dolly- i know it is very confusing, some spa's say no to pregnant women really because they are scared of them. Literally at college you are taught to crap yourself if a pregnant women wants a treatment. Now, as long as they are over the first trimester and the product has the correct ingredients then pregnancy is a fabulous time to have treatments. The things you cant have are hydrotherapy baths, heat treatments or body wraps, anything that is detoxifying.