Back pain

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Hokey Cokey Posts: 4816
crippled (well that's a bit of an exaggeration :o0 ) with a pain in my back. Its so sore to bend down and stand up from sitting. Its going down to by legs as well. :o( Have an appoinment with the doc tomorrow but dont know if they will be able to do anything. Any advice????
s wife Posts: 1445
all i can say is a hot bath with the radox other half to give the back a rub and dont 4get the deepheat,it should help :wv
twinbambinos Posts: 3492
[quote="Hokey Cokey":22j70onc]crippled (well that's a bit of an exaggeration :o0 ) with a pain in my back. Its so sore to bend down and stand up from sitting. Its going down to by legs as well. :o( Have an appoinment with the doc tomorrow but dont know if they will be able to do anything. Any advice????[/quote:22j70onc] it sounds like you have siattica (cant spell) especially considering the pain is going down ur leg, To ease my back pain I use ice packs wraped in a towel and leave it on your back for a while and it will numb it, hope it works there is nothing as bad as back pain believe me I know :o(
2007 bride to be Posts: 47
if i was you i would go to see a chartered physiotherapist. I would imagine the doctor will only prescribe pain relief but not get to the root of the problem.
Hokey Cokey Posts: 4816
[quote="2007 bride to be":19vewp4s]if i was you i would go to see a chartered physiotherapist. I would imagine the doctor will only prescribe pain relief but not get to the root of the problem.[/quote:19vewp4s] Yeah thats what I thought. I'll keep the appointment now that I've actually made it just to see what he says. Would a physio be better than a chiropractor?? Stupid question but would a physio/chiro actually diagnose the problem??
2007 bride to be Posts: 47
I think physio is better. A good physio will look at the way you stand/walk/exercise etc to see what is causing the pain and hopefully fix it!
twinbambinos Posts: 3492
[quote="Hokey Cokey":2ftle1fm][quote="2007 bride to be":2ftle1fm]if i was you i would go to see a chartered physiotherapist. I would imagine the doctor will only prescribe pain relief but not get to the root of the problem.[/quote:2ftle1fm] Yeah thats what I thought. I'll keep the appointment now that I've actually made it just to see what he says. Would a physio be better than a chiropractor?? Stupid question but would a physio/chiro actually diagnose the problem??[/quote:2ftle1fm] physio is much better as they are more qualified to look into what is causing the problem, they will be able to give you excerises to do that will strengthen ur back aswell
Ms4eva Posts: 285
HAve to ask....were ya doing the hokey cokey when you hurt your back??? lol ah no I know EXACTLY what you're going through, sitting here with ice on my back following a visit to the osteopath this evening. I was told when I first hurt my back not to see a chiropractor as they only deal with "bone" issues and mine was a muscular /joint issue and still is. Thankfully I dont have too much hassle over the years. Would defo recommend the osteopath I go to. Your GP may prescribe Difene (make sure to eat with them if ou are put on them as they are hard on the stomach) to help with inflamation. If you#d like any further info on my guy or in general, just drop me a pm. Feel better soon x
mollyeile Posts: 2486
Sounds like Sciatica ok - had a really bad dose of it lately. Was on diazepam to relax the muscles and then difene for the pain - worked after a couple of days. My doc recommended rest and a CT once I was better to check wether it was muscular or a slipped disc lying on the sciatic nerve :eek and then depending on the results some physio.
Culchie Chick Posts: 189
I met a neighbour on Sunday who had been diagnosed with sciatica and was in agony with it for ages. He said that the pain relief medication wasn't strong enough so he tried reflexology and it worked a treat. Two sessions was all it took. He said that he would have been the world's biggest 'alternative' sceptic but that cured it. A few years ago I pulled some muscles at the bottom of my back and my glutes (i.e. bottom :-8 ) and went for sports physio which sorted it out. It took about five or so sessions but as I am sure you know, when you've back pain you'll do anything. Best of luck with getting it sorted.... :wv